My phone post jailbreak is suffering

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SafePin, Nov 30, 2018.

1. SafePin macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

So here's my problem if someone can help me that would be awesome! i jail broke my phone with ios 11.3.2 i believe it was and kept it dormant without restarting my phone nor it dying. Originally i was gunna use the jailbreak to do some cool stuff with it but i feared taking away from the simplicity of use that sought after when having an apple product so i just left it. Recently my apps have been crashing and my phone has slowed down dramatically. Because of this i decided to restore my phone to pre-jailbreak settings and update to the newest software. Since then my phone has sped up noticeably however i still feel like it isnt on par with pre-jailbreak. I don't know if this could be a hardware problem i currently have an iPhone X. The phone is no more than a year old.

Thank you for all your help
    Via- Premiere Luminaire

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Did you setup as new when you restored? If not, try doing it, there are some remnants of the jailbreak saved in the backup that may be causing bugs.

3. SafePin thread starter macrumors newbie

it was setup as new which is why i wasnt understanding why my apps were still crashing

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

You will likely need to do a DFU restore and set it up as a new phone. That will set it back to “true” factory settings.

Plenty of YouTube videos on how to do that, if that doesn’t work then maybe some hardware issues have arisen?