My phone thinks it's constantly restoring

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by joejoejoe, Sep 25, 2012.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Annoying problem related to iCloud backups.

I recently got an iPhone 5 and restored from iCloud via wifi. After several hours, all my apps, contacts, messages, and even songs I had on my iPhone 4 that were purchased from iTunes magically came back.

Problem is the phone thinks it's still restoring and won't create a new iCloud backup.

I also haven't been getting any app notifications other than notifications from built in apps likes mail and messages, and don't know if that's related or not.

Any way to check on what information still hasn't been restored? Is it safe to stop the restore and finally back up to iCloud again?

2. bryan85 macrumors regular

Check you pictures. My wife's phone took hours because she had over 500 pictures. Also, if you are restoring from a previous phone and you only have 5GB account, you previous backup may be blocking your new backup due to space limitations.

3. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

I do not have my pictures set to back up to iCloud, I only use photo stream.

And my backup is usually never more than 2.5 gigs.

4. nikit macrumors newbie

Same problem here: iphone5 thinks it's restoring

My iphone thinks it is restoring from iCloud and has been doing so for 2 days now.
    All the photos are downloaded.
    I wish it would tell me what it is currently working on.

Maybe I should ask Siri.