My phone won't stay charged?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by evamoree, Jun 26, 2017.

1. evamoree macrumors member

evamoree

I got a refurb iPhone 7 at the start of April and after about the first few weeks of owning it, my cable stopped charging properly (it would move and then stop the phone charging for some strange reason), so I replaced the cable.

I've done this with 3 cables now. The first two were a few months old and weren't official apple ones but had that Apple certified thing, so I thought maybe it was because they weren't new, but then I used a brand new Apple one for the third one and it's recently started doing it.

The only things I can think of is that there is either something wrong with the phone, there's something wrong with the plug (I recently had to buy a new one as the old one broke after years of usage- both unofficial) or I'm somehow breaking the cables several times faster than I did with my old phone.

What do I do? The phone charges fine with my iPad lead + plug but obviously will damage it over time, I have an official iPhone plug but I dislike it because it's hard to take out of the extension lead once I've finished with it (because it's so thin!) + it's inconvenient to charge with (as it doesn't point up).

2. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

If it charges fine with the iPad charger, then it's not the phone. There's something not right with your accessory mix. Is your adapter cube Apple? You use an extension cord? Maybe the extension cord is the problem. The iPad charger won't damage anything. By "official iPhone plug", do you mean an Apple charger adapter? If so, not sure what you mean by "too thin" and "doesn't point up".

3. evamoree thread starter macrumors member

evamoree

By too thin I mean literally too thin. It's a pain in the neck to get out of the extension lead. A bigger one like an iPad one would be better. Everything I use at the moment is apple, minus the charger adapter for my iPhone as all the reasons I pointed out before.