iPhone My Photo Stream photos are missing, not rearranged

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jklineberry, Sep 23, 2014.

1. jklineberry macrumors newbie

I am getting so frustrated with everyone saying the Photo Stream pictures are still there, just arranged differently.

I had approx. 800 pictures in My Photo Stream and 250 in my Camera Roll. Those 250 are still there, arranged differently, but the 800 in My Photo Stream are NOT.

They are still in My Photo Stream on my iPad (which I did not install iOS8), but they are no where on my phone.

However, if I go to General-About, it says I still have 1,304 photos. Where the hell are they?

I attached a screen shot of my Photos screen (the Recently Deleted wouldn't fit, but there are 21 pictures).

Attached Files:

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

You are on the albums tab. Tap on the Photos tab.

3. dspalton macrumors 6502a

ive got lots of grey tiles, with the cloud icon. then clicking on them it just says not able to download.

then in the settings for the iPhone library it still has the updating bar half way.
    been like that for ages, since the betas

Dave

4. jklineberry thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally powered off my phone and restarted. Now it says I have 834 photos, which isn't quite the 1,300 it says I have in About, but it is much better.

And yes, I had to click to the photos view.

I am not liking this and will not be updating my iPad anytime soon. I only did this update for WiFi calling

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Some user have reported that turning OFF "My Photo Stream" then turning it back ON resolves this. I have not tried to validate because I didn't have enough photos to care about as I back them up to iCloud.

Give it a try;

SETTINGS > PHOTOS & CAMERA > MY PHOTO STREAM (Turn OFF then back ON)

6. jklineberry thread starter macrumors newbie

I created a "work around" to see everything like I could in the old Camera Roll/Photo Stream. I created an album called Camera Roll and put everything in that album.

Now I can view everything the same as before without everything being broken up and having so much "dead" space.

7. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Did you turn ICloud Drive on when you set up your phone?