My Photography Reviews

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by taylorwilsdon, Dec 26, 2007.

1. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I thought this might interest some of you, and perhaps you have some feedback for me?

You can see them here:
    http://www.taylorwilsdon.com/archives/category/photography

I'm adding a number of reviews as I write them. I've tried my best to remain objective while adding a personal touch. Everything is done on personal equipment at my expense and I don't review things I haven't owned.

Let me know if there are any other things you'd like to see written up. Other things I own are a Nikon d80, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens, and I have owned a D2h, D70, Tokina 12-24mm lens, Nikon 18-55mm, Nikon 18-135mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 75-300mm as well as other goodies. Just ask!

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Although it is perfectly acceptable in my view, many reviews don't use "I" statements:

1. I think the viewfinder is very bright.
    2. The viewfinder is very bright.

just a thought.

3. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

Also, since you have been able to compare, you should qualify that statement, e. g. is the viewfinder larger or smaller than that of a D80/D40? Is the viewfinder of the 350D the same as that of the 400D?

4. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Thats a very good idea. I was toying with the idea of a "shootout" type of deal with a direct comparison at least between the XTi and the D80.

I'll also try to tone down the 1st person :)

5. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Added one for the D80. Removed most of the "I" references as well.

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    To my way of thinking, it would be more accurate to term these as your personal opinion of certain cameras or lenses.....and that's all well and good.

7. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

pretty decent review of the MBP, but you can go into wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more detail about it, its so vague. What about apps? what about battery life, performance, etc?
    Sorry, i just skimmed over the photography ones though.

8. termina3 macrumors 65816

One point of disagreement:

I wouldn't consider the D80 a prosumer camera. D40/x: consumer; D80: high-end consumer; D300: Prosumer/Lightweight Pro; D3: Pro.

Seeing how it's a point of opinion, you're well within your rights.

9. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

Frankly, I encourage you to write in a first-person voice. You are expressing an opinion, not dispensing capital-T "truth." Writing in this voice also is more conversational, I find.

10. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Mostly thinking about the photography ones but I appreciate the honest feedback. I updated the review quite a bit to talk about my battery life experience, durability and others. I'm going to talk a bit about weight when I get a chance to sit down with a word processor and put it all out.

11. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Is there any interest here in guest-writing? You get full credit of course, as well as as much free promotion for your website/blog/self as you'd like within the article. I'd even pay if that was the push that you needed (small $ but some nonetheless)