My photos have disappeared, but thumbnails still there...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eshroom, Oct 3, 2011.

1. eshroom macrumors 6502

Hi guys any help would be massively appreciated, though I fear I am bug***ed.

Opened up diskaid to rip of a video from a recent trip, used diskaid to delete said video after it was on my laptop. Now when I look for my photos, I can see thumbnails, but when i open i just get a blank screen. When I open diskaid, again, no photos. Just ones take since downloading the video.

No updates have been made to the phone, or anything else that may have affected the videos.

Any ideas? At the very least, can I get the thumbnails? Then at least I can keep some pixelated memories of my roadtrip.

2. Ali. macrumors member

Nothing in /var/mobile/Media/DCIM?

Not all is lost, you can try an app called Picture Rescue, which will let you recover your photos from your iTunes backup. Just a couple things to note is that it'll only work if the back up isn't encrypted and its only available for Mac OS.

http://picturescueapp.com/

The free version only displays the photos though, so you’ll have to pay $4.99 to get the full version if you want to use them for anything.

Good luck.

3. eshroom thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Ali. I'll give it a go. I hadn't backed up since the road-trip though. :(