My plan for new system

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cage123au, Mar 19, 2008.

1. cage123au macrumors newbie

Hi all, this is my first post here and would like some advice if possible. I am putting together a system I would like to use in my house between my study and Home Theatre room. I have put together a visual of what I have in mind it can be seen at this link mcaetano.co.nr/Planned%20System.xls and then click open. No bad surprises with the open I promise, it is just my concept.

I have had some feedback from another forum and individuals whereby one suggestion was to drop the Apple TV and install a Mac Mini where I could then rip my DVD's uncompressed which could then be viewed through Front Row 2 to the HT projector.

While this is an option, I think I would still like to maintain the Apple TV and have the ability to D/L and watch season TV shows and rent movies as I want.

I only want to have to do this once, so am keen to get it right the first time.

Anyway, any suggestions are most welcome. I hope I got this post in the right area.

Regards
    Mike

Well, as a new member to the site. I would like to thank all, for the feedback and help. No sarcasm intended.

Regards
    Mike

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Well, as a new member to the site, as you say, to post a link to an excel file, which could contain anything, even sarcasm... :rolleyes:

Try posting that same schematic as an attached gif or jpeg image, and describe what you're actually trying to accomplish, and I suppose the chance of getting an answer increases greatly. :)

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

WHY A EXCEL FILE ?,anyways im off down the pub as its snowing here in the UK were i am :eek:,and ive gotta struggle me way through it to get to me beer :p

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Just get a mac pro + 30" ACD and be done with all the messy cables and *****. :)

5. cage123au thread starter macrumors newbie

Personally, I thought the plan of what I was attempting to do said it all. Guess that was not read. No bother. I'll ask elswehere.