My Plan...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk8mash, Apr 16, 2008.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

The £100 iPhone price drop is making me pretty excited. I always wanted an iPhone, but didn't want the contract, so at christmas got a 16gb iPod touch.

Anyway, after jailbreaking my iPod back in January, and then realizing how much easier Jailbreaking has become, my plan is this:

Buy two iPhones.
    Unlock both of them.
    Use one for myself, then sell the other on eBay.

Its amazing how much of a premium people will pay on eBay for an unlocked jailbroken iPhone!

The reason for selling one on eBay is that the final price for an iPhone on there varies between £280 to £350. Thats pretty much enough to pay for my iPhone aswell as the on I sell.

Sound like a good plan?

The only possible problem, do you reckon they are going to do a similar thing a reduce the 16gb iphone price anytime soon?

2. cuppacoffee4u macrumors newbie

Hi, not a bad idea i guess! But dnt you think if the price is going to drop on the iphone, people wont just go buy one and try do it them selves.

3. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Yeah, that could well happen...to be honest im not so much worried about paying the price of £169 for an iPhone :p but if you have been able to buy iPhones for £269 for ages, yet people still pay £350 for them on eBay, whatever happens I would still make a profit on the ebay phone...

4. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Yes it is a good plan but time is of the essence. Knowledge is power etc...

Do it today and get them on Ebay Buy It now tonight.

Leave it much longer and all the monkies will know your secret to riches!

5. icantbelieveit macrumors member

Just to check, what version is the iPhone when unlocked jailbroken etc etc with ziphone?

6. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I've just stuck my one on ebay unlocked. Going to sell it as its used and buy a new one plus make a little profit. :rolleyes:

7. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i sold mine online last week got £230 for it cash upfront guy ff ebay came n collected it - had a scratch on the back though dang i shud kept the money and brought the one from o2 temporarilybut nah i blown it on clothes and dog being neutered lol

8. mags631 Guest

There are certainly English words in there and I think I understand it... but I'm not sure...:confused:

9. nick9191 macrumors 68040

You certainly know how to paint the town red :D

10. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

is that a shot and trying to be funny coz i didnt type full words :rolleyes:

11. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

LOL

12. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I can't carry cash on me when clothes shopping, otherwise it's gone and luckily my has been de'balled already. Poor thing. :p

13. mags631 Guest

Among other things.

:rolleyes: back at you.