My Player friend

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Jul 17, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Okay, so my best friend for 7 years is a huge player. He gets a different girl every week, and for some reason they all know that but keep coming back to him.

He goes to a different school than me, and wants me to introduce him to all the girls at my school. Maybe it's jealousy, I don't know, but he's told me about 10 times in the last year,"Hey dude, let's go to a movie and invite some of the girls at your school." But I never want to, because I know what's going to happen. Last year at a hotel party for New Year's there were these two girls who were there and we introduced ourselves. One of them was single, the other had a boyfriend so both me and him decided to compete against each other as friends for the single one. Well, about an hour later I fell asleep, because I got bored and it was late and I wake up and I see my friend making out with the non-single one, which kind of pissed me off... I asked where the single one was and they said she had to leave.

Now he got a Facebook and is trying to add the girls from my school to talk to them, but I don't know how to tell him to stop without sounding like a cockblocker. Do I have the right to do this?

From this post he kind of sounds like a prick but honestly he is my best friend. One time at school I got into a huge fight with some kid and the kid got his friends to back him up so my best friend backed me up. We have so many moments together that I know he is my best friend, so don't convince me otherwise.

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Yup, he sounds like a dick and you sound like a whiny bitch. (I'm sure neither are true) Tell him he has to respect women more than that.

3. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well you've certainly convinced me.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

6. Xavier macrumors 68030

Well sorry but this sort of thing won't get you very far in life.

7. Sir SpemzR macrumors 6502

Learn some skills, so he actually has competition from you.
    sounds u may lack some self confidence

8. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Just wondering, do you see yourself having any sort of serious relationships with the girls he's hitting on? If not, let the player play; you know he'll lose in the long run. This may not sound helpful, but your friend sounds like half the other guys at my school (high school sophomore). If you don't like any of the girls he's interested in, let them make their own mistakes. I assume you're in high school as well, and you may not be looking for a long term relationship, but if the majority of the girls at your school will be interested in your 'friend' and his obvious pimp-ness, they don't seem like the type of girls you'd want to be with anyway.

I know I made a lot of generalizations, but I hope you find some of it helpful... :)

10. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Man, for a sophomore you are incredibly mature, both in this post and others I've seen. Kudos to you!

I also happen to agree with Mr. Giver.

11. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Wow thanks! :) :D

12. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

As someone who married his HS sweetheart, I agree with this. It takes two to tango, and if girl with the bf is a ho, why stop your friend? He's having fun, the girl is having fun, let them reap the benefit/pitfalls of their own actions.

He may be treating girls like a commodity, but the girls that let him deserve it.

13. Surely Guest

Surely

Yeah dude. Stop it.

Sound advice.

You're dead on, Mr. G. Those girls are always looking for the next best thing.

OP, it sounds like you're a little jealous of your friend's abilities......

14. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Perhaps wishing you had as much game as he does? ;)

Let him have fun...who really loses out?

15. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

He's an alpha, not much you can do about it.

What happens now doesn't matter a bit later down the road anyway, as you'll soon learn.

16. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

All the "players" I knew in high school are all losers who still live with their parents and are working minimum wage jobs, some with no job at all. When they went to college, it was all party and no study.

My advice: let him do his thing and you do yours.

17. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

No, you don't.

Seems like someone's in need of a self-confidence check.

18. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

1) Ask him to help you improve your own game.
    2) Tell the girls at your school that this friend has herpes.
    3) ???
    4) Profit!

19. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Haha. That's all I gotta say.

20. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

I think the OP is in love with his best friend and deep down inside hates that he's such a player for girls.

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Now that's no good at all. But yea, it sounds like this "prick" and them girls deserve each other. But actively going for a girl who was already with someone does make him sound like a bit of a prick.

Just let him be and potentially wreck his own life. You go on and find nicer girls, or blokes, or whatever.

22. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

While he seems to be out of control...you also sound like you're hating. Tell him what you think and let him be, if he listens-good if not you did what you could. In the interim, stop hating and start learning

23. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Props to Mr. Giver for some good sound advice!! :D

To the OP, seriously I wouldn't sweat it too much; in a few years you'll be off in college/career and your buddy will be hitting bars still trying to get yum. Stuff happens...

I am curious though...did you friend have a chic who "do did him dirty" in the past? Most of the dude's I know that behave that way towards chics only do because they were hurt in the past.