my point of view: Office 08 vs ilife

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by henry.oswald, Mar 1, 2008.

1. henry.oswald macrumors member

Im a final year student hammering away at my degree and have had alot of work on my plate for the last few months. I've tried ilife, it crashed on me alot without an auto save, so thats no good. I tried office 08, that crashed on me even more with auto save but i spent my life sorting out the millions of duplicate files i had.

for the past 2 weeks I've been using google documents, and i am never going back, this is the greatest web application in the world!

It auto saves for me
    I can access it from anywhere
    more than one person can work on it at the same time
    it doesn't crash on me
    If i want to go back i can, very very easily

Ok its short on a few fonts, some people may not like how basic it is, but i have to hand my work in without colours and fancy fonts.

So everyone who is talking about which is best office or ilife, the answer is google documents!

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. natharvey macrumors member

i'm going to assume you meant iWork, cuz iLife doesnt have wordprocessing applications in it.

google documents is really neat, the only problem being you have to be on the internet to access it, which rules out working on it on the airplane or any place like that without wifi service

4. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

I, too, am going to have to assume you mean iWork, since there's no office software included in iLife...

But even so, I've never had iWork crash on me once, yet. Hell, even MS Office never crashed on me that much. So I'm not sure what you were experiencing...

But yes, for those who need something like it, Google Docs is pretty cool. But it's not really the most practical for many of us.

5. f1 macrumors 6502

hmm you might need to get some things checked out on your computer because i've never had Word or Pages crash on me to the point i need to find alternatives.

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Nisus Writer Express is a very nice word processor. Quick, easy on RAM, and easy to use.