Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
I love movies, used to be an aspiring painter/artist, a comic book fanatic, tech news hungry and anything in between.

My iPad does not rest for hours while I play with these notable apps:

1. Paper by Fiftythree - Awesome doodler! This brought me back to my artsy high school days.

2. Marvel Infinite Comics - This just got released in the past hour folks...an awesome new way to read comics. Avenger vs. X-men first issue...what a way to start!

3. Flipboard - Great way to receive all the news you want...in one sleek package.

4. Netflix - the name is self-explanatory.

5. Mad Magazine - At last! My favorite childhood mag is finally digital. Although still a little buggy, but worth a look and a wait if you prefer the polished version.

These apps are making me charge my iPad more often. I don't think I had this much fun on my original iPad. :p

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I love movies, used to be an aspiring painter/artist, a comic book fanatic, tech news hungry and anything in between.

My iPad does not rest for hours while I play with these notable apps:

1. Paper by Fiftythree - Awesome doodler! This brought me back to my artsy high school days.

2. Marvel Infinite Comics - This just got released in the past hour folks...an awesome new way to read comics. Avenger vs. X-men first issue...what a way to start!

3. Flipboard - Great way to receive all the news you want...in one sleek package.

4. Netflix - the name is self-explanatory.

5. Mad Magazine - At last! My favorite childhood mag is finally digital. Although still a little buggy, but worth a look and a wait if you prefer the polished version.

These apps are making me charge my iPad more often. I don't think I had this much fun on my original iPad. :p

What about Moby Dick, Charles Dickens, and Masterpiece Theater for a little balance? :D

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
I have more useful apps on my iPad than I do on my iMac, sad really :p

PPS
Air Video
Air Display
Drop Box
LogMeIn
PDF Reader for all my reading needs
Whole whack of mini games to kill time

Sure those are not hardcore apps but I use them quite a bit. My iMac has become more or less a storage host server more than anything else. When I need to multitask though nothing beats working on a desktop. With Air Video I can simply stream all my *.mts and *.m2ts files so there's even no need to store them on my iPad, though the quality is less than stellar, but for convenience sakes it satisfies my needs.

At work I use my Galaxy Nexus.
At home I am split between my iMac and iPad.
When I am out I would bring with me my phone, and sometimes my iPad depending on where I am going.

At home I use my iPad 60% of the time and my iMac for the other times.

Trey1984

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
I use mine WAYY more for work than I thought. Oh and ZERO issues with mine. PERFECT.

dylin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
I too seem to be using my iPad more that I thought. Ever since I got it as a really late graduation gift, my MacBook actually gets less usage time. But I don't think that I'll use this as a complete replacement (yet).

But I'm happy to see that you like using your iPad :)

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Count me in as well, I was fortunate to receive a perfect one too!!!

My killer app, is Safari.

You were not fortunate to receive a perfect one. You're in the vast majority. Don't let all the whiners make you think otherwise.

Happy with mine too. It's with me at all times just like my iPad 2 was.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Great topic after reading all about all the negative experiences most posts discuss. Mine is perfect too. Screen is absolutely gorgeous. Love watching and reading all the content I can. I'm checking out a few of the app the OP suggested too :)

My only grip is how slow it charges, particularly if you are also using it. Makes topping it off during the day difficult.

A few of the apps I use all the time and suggest to people are these:

-Catch, an alternative to the notes app. I've also tried Evernote and a few others. This one makes the most sense to me and let's me organize my notes the way I want. Plus I can add comments to a note so as new ideas come up, it's I nice way add them.

-Day One, a journal. Like I said, I've tried a lot of the note/writing apps.

-Readability, holds web pages I want to take more time to read later. Apple has this built into Safari and there's also Instapaper. I like the UI of this best and on a retina screen, looks great.

whynotgotovegas

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2012
Michigan
I agree! My iPad gets hardly any rest either. I take it to school, and it's on almost all day there, then I come home and use it non stop. I replaced my laptop with my iPad, so think of how much you use the computer...that's how much my iPad gets used! I honestly don't know how I went without an iPad before.

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
On all day in my classes and then on all night while I read! It's so much nicer than lugging around my MBP or balancing a laptop in order to read!

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
I went nearly 24 hours without using my desktop computer while at home most of the day.

A new record.

Even when on my computer I've got my iPad running stuff al the time now, downcast for podcasts, a video, tweetbot....

I wish the iPad could run directly off AC power so that while I have it on my desk it wasn't using up long term battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.