My Poor MBP =(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fanboy06, Sep 26, 2009.

1. fanboy06 macrumors newbie

My poor Macbook Pro is falling apart at the seams. I bought it in November 2007, right around when Leopard was released.

Since 07, the following has happened:

Last summer the screen got messed up and has random bright and dim spots, and Apple didn't fix it because they said it was water damage, heh.

A few of my keys stopped working, the power button pushes down at a 45 degree angle, and the lid doesn't close right.

My iSight stopped working a couple weeks ago. About a month ago I had to get a new charger because mine just "stopped" working.

It sucks.. I really really love this thing, and it's been through Hell, but it's really disappointing. I take such good care of it.. I thought.

The price of repairs on these things are off the wall.. I just miss the days when this thing was pretty and ran so smooth.

*sigh*

Anyone else have a story like this (I'd put a question mark here, but that's one of my broken keys.)

/rant.:(:(:(

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  3. Surely Guest

Surely

You thought wrong. Sorry dude.

There's no way that your MBP would be in that condition if you took good care of it.

Sounds like it's time to sell it for whatever you can get, buy a replacement, and possibly make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have them teach you how to properly care for a laptop.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think it's time to change your name at MR to reflect your current feelings.