Other My Powerbanks Are Too Weak For The Max

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsmilo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. itsmilo macrumors 68030

itsmilo

anyone got any recommendations or what to look out for in a powerbank to charge the Max properly. I have the latest from Anker and another one and both are not able to charge the iPhone while using it at the same time which is a real problem when playing something like Pokémon Go (don’t judge me).

It’s been charging for 20 minutes and it is still dropping or dipping around the same 2-3% gain. Only on MR and listening to Spotify

2. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

It is likely just like that while it is restoring stuff in background, once that process finishes your powerbanks should be fine.

3. TyG8 macrumors regular

My 30000 isn't scared. Haha, it's enough for my iPad Pro 10.5", so I'm sure my XS Max will be ok.

4. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

You need to purchase one that has USB-PD ― they'll be able to charge your iPhone, and give it 50% in 30 minutes

Aukey, Anker, and this company I found today called Go Nimble all sell portable chargers that'll do what you what, among others who I'm just not familiar with

5. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

6. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

I'd imagine that same disaster happens on the 5W charger.

7. itsmilo thread starter macrumors 68030

itsmilo

Mine is supposed to be able to charge three devices at the same time and the MacBook so it should have plenty of juice to power it

8. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

It's an issue of current. You don't actually need USB-PD, just something that can charge at 2A.

People go on and on about how you need a $500 charger for fast charging but truth is the 12W iPad charger is $19, is an Apple official accessory and will charge at 90% the speed.

9. Rafterman macrumors 68020

Yes, I've noticed that if the screen is on, or its doing background stuff, the battery meter stays the same, or crawls. Only when the screen is off does it start charging decently.

10. BiggAW macrumors 68030

Anker PowerIQ is fine. It won't charge quite as fast as USB-C PD, but it will charge at 12W, which is usually fast enough. If it's not, and you want the absolute fastest charging, get one that supports USB-C PD. Most phones charge very slowly when the screen is on.

11. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

How hot is your phone getting?

If your phone gets too warm, the battery will stop charging to protect it from overheating. I've had this issue with my phones (several over the years) at the beach; if it's in the sun and heats up it will slow or stop charging.

12. djkinetic macrumors regular

djkinetic

Ravpower PD type c charger 26800 mah is charging up my max right now

13. JullsJTRIRE macrumors member

JullsJTRIRE

I've got Mi 2 Series, the capacity is 20000. It's pretty enough to recharge my Samsung withing an hour to the max. However, I am not quite sure the results will be as good talking about iPhones. Maybe some other type of powerbank will be more effective. Try to search here, for example - https://geeklah.com/best-wireless-powerbank.html. I've always wondered if wireless models are as handy as the non-ones.

14. Aliciakeystx macrumors member

15. BigMcGuire Contributor

I’ve got 5 Anker bricks. All can charge my Xs MAX while it is running? Including my wife’s iPad Pro. Sounds like the brick may be defective?