My PowerBook G4 15" 1.67 Ghz

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by CountMaxMore, Feb 5, 2015.

1. CountMaxMore macrumors member

CountMaxMore

This is just my little school machine I just use it for typing notes, web browsing and of course itunes. This laptops been through a lot its been dropped off tables dented I had to use a hammer last time to bend the casing back together but after all that the computer has never given up. All the parts are original except for the battery and upgraded ram ( It has 2 gb ) I hope to run this system for years to come I just wanted to show you guys my little rig ..... I am not sure if the pics uploaded if not I will reply below this with the pics

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. CountMaxMore thread starter macrumors member

CountMaxMore

It seems my computer doesn't want to upload the pics right now I will try again from a different computer in 5 min

4. CountMaxMore thread starter macrumors member

CountMaxMore

Yup Here are the photos.. I hope

Attached Files:

5. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

These are and remain very capable machines. If I were forced to give up all my PowerPC computers, my 15" DLSD Powerbook would probably be the one I would fight hardest to keep.

Looks like you've overall taken very good care of yours.

BTW, I just put a solid state drive in mine a few weeks ago, and it perked up the machine surprisingly well.

6. CountMaxMore thread starter macrumors member

CountMaxMore

I've been considering solid state myself but Im dumping another 300$ into my gaming computer so the solid state will have to wait

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

The physical design of these PowerBooks is gorgeous. Every little screw, vent, and port is just right. The current machines became almost too plain and simple by comparison.

8. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Agreed. I love my MacBook but the design of the old PowerBooks were amazing, especially for their time. I prefer the old Al PowerBook keyboards as well.

9. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

how did you make your leopard look like Lion?

10. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Actually, I'd say the dock looks more like Mountain Lion/Mavericks than Lion. The wallpaper may be either the Lion or Mountain Lion default(they look pretty similar)-these are freely available on the internet. I'm currently using Yosemite wallpapers(different ones) in both Tiger and Leopard on my Quicksilver.

I still use Lion pretty regularly, and I'm about 99% positive that it uses lit "dots"(like Leopard) rather than "bars" to indicate open applications on the dock.

A lot of other stuff is still pretty much Leopard through and through-like the big "stoplights" on the windows, the scroll buttons, and the silhouette of the acrylic studio display for the display preferences drop-down in the menu bar.

11. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

The buttons are rectangular. The progress bar doesn't look like any, it looks different.

I've also noticed eyoungren did a lot of tweaking and made everything black
    How do you do that?

12. CountMaxMore thread starter macrumors member

CountMaxMore