Have had an 800Mhz Ti Pwrbook for the last 5 or 6 years and she has treated me well from day one, besided the obvious chipping issues with the titanium books... was thinking about getting a new MB Pro but instead purchased a new iMac core duo for my fiance so she could do all of her scrapbooking and what not... (figured i would wait for merom in the fall and then purchase the Macbook pro) Opened up the lappy this morning and both hinges snapped and one flew out and hit me in the forehead! (Both hinges broke at the same time!) So the question is... do i still wait for merom in the fall and get this one repaired? not sure if it is worth the 5 or 600 hundred they want for a new LCD... not to mention if i have that replaced i might as well replace the bottom enclosure as it is chipping badly as well... sooo that puts me at around 800-1000 just to fix my ailing pbook.... the decision to wait for merom was easy when i had a working powerbook... now that i am confined to the studio (where i have the iMac) i dont think i can wait that long! what do you guys think? is it worth it to have it repaired or should i just take the plunge a buy a new macbook pro?