My Precious is here!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lankox, Feb 23, 2008.

1. lankox macrumors regular

My first mac ever, a brand new Macbook pro, SR 2.2, Matte. Does she ever feel and smell good! That introduction video brought tears to my eyes. I'm loving the RSS screen saver, the auto changing background, expose, heads up display, graphics, and everything else!! Now it will take me the next several months to learn everything and get her setup just right. Oh what fun. :D

2. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Congratulations! Welcome to the Mac community. :D

3. Macnator macrumors 6502

Congrats! I have the same one as you. I just love it. Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple Computers!

4. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Congrats! Just keep an open mind and remember think different

5. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Congratulations on your Purchase it's a great computer that will serve you well for years to come.

6. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

congrats! i've had mine since sept. and have never looked back.

7. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

8. a4abt macrumors regular

congrats! I bought my first ever Mac last December and I'm still enjoying it as if it was the first day! :p

Things are a little different than windows...but in a good way

9. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Congrats! Got my MBP 15' 2.4 SR last August. Things have been going great ever since.

10. lankox thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciate all of the replies. I'm loving both the hardware and the software. One big disappointment was no recurring todo's in ical. I guess I'll be using entourage. Did I mention how beautiful the display is?

11. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

Congrats! I'm sure you will love it. I remember when I turned mine on for the first time. Oh it was such a good day.

12. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

You can make recurring events in iCal if that is what you mean.

13. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

bienvenue au monde d'imper ! ( welcome to the mac world ! ) .. ya gonna really love the feeling of using a mac! my pc has been layin around useless for months !

14. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Congratulations. It is a hell of a feeling to get a brand spankin new Mac, especially when it is your first ever. I got mine just this past Saturday and man it is awesome. I migrated all my stuff on it, got all the necessary programs I need, and set up Time Machine. It is truly great. Now I know why Mac guys used to laugh when I said that PC was better, because it truly is funny.

15. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I applaud you for grabbing a MBP knowing it might be obsolete tomorrow. Even if I KNEW I wouldn't need whatever spec bumps might be coming I couldn't make myself do that, haha.

Enjoy the hotness!

16. brandonshough macrumors regular

brandonshough

Well said.... :)

17. lankox thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Well I went ahead and bought to help out all my new Mac brethren. A cool new update is now guaranteed tomorrow!!

18. rsowers81 macrumors newbie

sux for u.
    macs rock. but theyll be updated soon so u shoulda waited.

19. lankox thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

By the way, I bought my mbp off of ebay at a reduced price. I would not pay full price at apple store when update is so close.

20. Pees330 macrumors 6502

I think it's fine that you bought one now. It's a great machine and who cares what people say. Plus you got it at a cheaper price so good for you. Enjoy your new machine.

21. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Seconded. There's no point in waiting forever for an update when it doesn't really affect you! Great gutsiness on your part, OP, for going ahead with the purchase.