My predictions on the upcoming 2018/2019 years

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by B3yondL, Dec 23, 2017.

1. B3yondL macrumors regular

B3yondL

My predictions for 2018/2019

Spring Event (late Feb, early March 2018)

HomePod
    iPad refresh
    Airpower

WWDC (June 2018)

All lineup MacBook refresh
    -Macbook Air dropped
    -Macbook spec refresh
    -Macbook Pro 13'' dual core with quad core option
    -Macbook Pro 15'' quad core 15'' with hexcore option, Vega gpus
    iMac refresh 21'' quadcore/4K default, 27'' hexcore/5K default+Vega gpus, SSDs default
    Mac mini refresh
    Software previews

iPhone event (Sept 2018)

iPhone 8s/8s+ LCD
    iPhone Xs/Xs+? OLED
    Apple Watch refresh
    AirPods 2
    Mac Pro teaser
    Apple display teaser

Spring Event (late Feb, early March 2019)

Mac Pro launch
    Apple display launch FaceID
    iPad redesign - FaceID
    Apple TV redesign (slimmer, more functionality, doubled as an airport express)

WWDC (June 2019)

All Macbook redesign - FaceID
    All iMac redesign - FaceID
    Software previews

iPhone event (Sept 2019)

iPhone LCD dropped
    iPhone Xss/Xss+? (OLED)
    Apple Watch redesign (slimmer)
    HomePod update

I might be a little hasty on predicting the FaceID redesigns will come in 2019 but given that Ive is back in charge of the design team, things will get a bit more speedier and I believe 2019 will be a big year for Apple in terms of new designs.

2. pappkristof macrumors member

pappkristof

I hope you were right! Especially the iMac. I also hope, that they will skip the ridiculous 8 GB RAM.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2018 ---
    Which Vega card would be appropriate for the iMac?

3. theluggage macrumors 68040

Hope they come up with a credible entry-level replacement, then (hint: it isn't the MacBook).

...and (my guess) losing the top-end i7/best GPU option to allow a thinner case/smaller bezels and create a clearer gap between the top-end iMac and the iMac Pro. Sounds like the i5 hex core will be a beast, and the i7 runs a bit hot for an all-in-one, so not all bad...

Yeah. Comes pre-installed with the latest casual gaming sensation: "Flappy Pig!"

Plus:
    Modular Mac Pro pre-announcement ("availability" Late 2018, actual availability early 2019).

...if not, they might as well not bother, because all of the potential customers will have got tired waiting and jumped ship to PC. Plus, it shouldn't take more than 18 months to "invent" a swish-looking mini-tower with PCIe bus - which is what serious users who need a pickup truck instead of a sports coupe actually need. Longer than that and they clearly haven't really understood the fundamental problem with the Mac Pro cylinder - form-over-function (the triangular thermal core design that made it a dead end was a symptom, not the disease).

4. Tech198 macrumors G5

oh goodie.. another predictions :D (gets out crystal ball)

Firstly..What the hell is Airpower? oh wireless charging..

With the Macbook Air attempting to be dropped so many times in the recent years, i'm gonna say it's still not gonna happen this year.

Apple is holding onto this one with dear life.. They obviously have future plans for it, otherwise it wold have been knocked of ages ago.

They could discontinue it silently, but i doubt that..

Macbook Air while no major refresh, can still get speed bumps, and if that's all it takes to keep it alive, then good on Apple.