My preorder experience - Modern Buckle anyone get April 24th?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by melman101, Apr 10, 2015.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

So this morning, I was up around 3:00am ready to do my pre-ordering

To my dismay, the watch I was going to order for my wife already had a 4-6week delay. She didn't care so I ordered it. What gives with that? 38mm Modern Buckle Black Small.

Then I ordered a stainless steel Milanese 38mm and got April 24th - May 8th but I forgot to add AppleCare+ So I re-ordered that one again with AppleCare+ and still got the good date.

Then I ordered a 42mm Stainless Steel Milanese which had May 13th - May 27th shipping.

I canceled the 38mm with AppleCare+. I'll take care of that when I get my watch I guess. Didn't want to be moved down the line and figured it wasn't that big of a deal to add AppleCare.

Now, I just hope I went correct with 38mm.

Also, was there no initial inventory of the Modern Buckle?

Tonight I got my try-on appointments at 5:30pm.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

so basically everyone who did not order in the first 3-4 minutes saw a slip in ship dates. The whole "in store reservations" was not real. The people who have been in store said they just point you to order online.

My guess is this will be similar to iPhones/ipads. Every night around 10:00pm after launch they will post inventory for in store reservations.

3. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yea but I was in the moment it opened on the app. And the modern buckle was always 4-6 weeks. Anyone score a modern buckle for April 24th delivery?

4. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I think all modern buckle was 4-6 weeks and a few other models. I was going to get that one and was on the site at 301-302 and it said 4-6 weeks while most others said April 24th

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

gotcha. The steel bands were the same way....4-6 weeks from the get go.

6. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I got on straight away and it crashed a few times when I tried to order the pink modern buckle so I went with the white sports instead as I had if favourited as a back up.

7. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Actually, Apple has announced in an internal memo this will not be the case this time. If you want one, you'll have to order online and wait. There will be no stock sent to the stores until online orders have all been filled.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/angel...t-to-launching-apple-watch-online-2015-4?r=US

8. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

****, that was a good idea. I was all flustered when this was going on. Couldn't believe it.

---

I just gotta accept, I'll be getting my watch May 27th. And then if it comes earlier, I'll be happier.

I'm nervous with all these threads about the 38mm being too small.

9. nolegirl01 macrumors regular

How is it the pink leather SS says available to ship in June but the SS with the SS band is available to ship 4-6 weeks? I would think the latter would be the most popular choice and not the pink one? Frustrating! When I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 on the preorder date, I received it the day of launch. Why not for the watch?! Did they not produce too much? I get the hype and marketing strategy but if you preorder on the preorder date you should at least get yours the day of launch or even a week after. But almost 2 months away is a bit ridiculous.

10. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

They clearly weren't ready for the amount of orders placed. They didn't have any initial stock of the leather for the modern buckles or the link bracelets either.

11. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

This almost always happens. It isn't worth the hassle in my opinion.

Just wait a month and you can walk in and leisurely buy one.

12. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If you look up just the bands, all the modern buckles are listed unavailable, all the others have dates.