My printer and OS X Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AssafTM, Jun 17, 2011.

1. AssafTM macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have the HP office Jet 4500 and i want to set it up as a wireless printer so my sister (wich is connected to the same network) could use it from her PC. I understood that i will need the driver disk that came with my printer but it says that it will only work on OS 10.6 (snow leopard) and i will instal lion. What should I do?:apple::)

2. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

I personally haven't tested Lion out yet. But I doubt this system will change from SL to Lion, so what you only need to do is go to Sys Pref -> Print & Fax and in there it should automatically find the printer if connected to the same WiFi network. OS X comes with a big bundle of drivers for printers, I've installed 3 on my OS X by simply finding it on my network, and my Mac would do all the work.

3. AssafTM thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean that the printer is connected to my Mac and I need to use it on my sisters PC

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Buy a USB print server that supports Mac and PC and connect it to that. That way both machines can see it over the network. If you have an Airport Extreme, it already has this built in. Plug it in, enable the feature, use Bonjour to setup the printer.