my program screens are sliding and I don't want that!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Littleboo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Littleboo macrumors regular

I must of hit something cuz when I go from program to program they slide from side to side. it's driving me crazy!!! :eek:

2. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

3. Wolfgang macrumors member

That sounds as though it would be very annoying if you didn't want it, but I can't resist trying it out. However, when I push :apple:+opt+8, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Edit: Haha, nevermind. Just realized what the OP ment by "sliding around" I envisioned some kind of fancy eye candy, somewhat like an automated Expose.

Thanks,
    Wolfgang

4. Littleboo thread starter macrumors regular

I tried that, but I must be missing something, they still slide.

5. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

Well, what are you using? Are you using Leopard? Is it Spaces? If so, go into System Preferences and disable Spaces. It might be in your Dock too. If so, remove it from your dock.

6. Wolfgang macrumors member

Ok, try this. Hold ctrl while scrolling down. It sounds as though you may have activated Leopards (maybe it was in Tiger too?) zoom feature. It allows you to zoom in on the screen for closer viewing for whatever. If you hold ctrl while scrolling up, you zoom in, and visa versa when scrolling down.

Wolfgang

7. Littleboo thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, it was spaces! I must of opened it as it was on the dock. I took it off there!! I am curious why you want that. I couldn't drag anything, like a file to mail, etc.

thanks!!