My programs are not installing on my MacBook OSX 10.4.11 - Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by J.Dean, Nov 28, 2007.

1. J.Dean macrumors newbie

I have photoshop and illustrator software, as well as a program called traktor, that I am trying to install on my MacBook. However, upon each attempt, a dialogue box appears warning me that there are no default applications to run the program. Someone told me that I should use Vise X, but, beyond downloading it, I have no clue what to do. What do I do? Any help - even a "give up, it won't work" - would be appreciated.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

What version of Photoshop and Illustrator are you trying to install? And at what point do you get the error--do you put in the install disc, double click on the installer, then get that error, or is it happening at some other time?

3. J.Dean thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks so much for responding. The photoshop is version seven, and the illustrator, I believe, is either 7 or 8 - I do not currently have either in front of me as I type this reply. I am able to insert the discs, my Mac picks up the information from the CDs and it appears as an external device on my desktop - as would any CD I insert. However, when I attempt to open the setup.exe file from the CD it is then that the message appears telling me that there is no default application to run the program.

I should probably add that they are burned copies of the program and not the original - this, however, did not affect my ability to install it on my PC more than once - Have I made the issue more clear?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You are trying to install a piece of Windows software on Mac OS X. That won't work. The fact that you clicked on "setup.exe" told me immediately what the cause of the problem was.

5. J.Dean thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much!! I have been running in circles from the Adobe support page to the Apple support page looking for assistance. Although it is a disappointment, thank you again.