Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I am frustrated right now. I went to revert my project to something else. Unfortunately, for some reason, Xcode's most recent snapshots are just copies of another snapshot that was taken a few days ago. I've changed the code since then. I decided I'd restore anyway.

Bottom line: Xcode's snapshot feature SUCKS. I never thought I'd think so, because it worked just fine on another project. I think I'll file a bug report with Apple.

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
I am frustrated right now. I went to revert my project to something else. Unfortunately, for some reason, Xcode's most recent snapshots are just copies of another snapshot that was taken a few days ago. I've changed the code since then. I decided I'd restore anyway.

Bottom line: Xcode's snapshot feature SUCKS. I never thought I'd think so, because it worked just fine on another project. I think I'll file a bug report with Apple.

Snapshots are a poor substitute for source control. Start using a source management repository. Xcode makes it trivial to use a local git repository, and if you have another Mac running 10.9 you can even set up Xcode server on a remote Mac.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
Snapshots are a poor substitute for source control. Start using a source management repository. Xcode makes it trivial to use a local git repository, and if you have another Mac running 10.9 you can even set up Xcode server on a remote Mac.

I like to use BitBucket, its free and Xcode works perfectly with it (as it does with ANY git server...)

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
You need to use real source code control. I also use BitBucket. It's free for projects with a small number of developers. I like knowing that I have offsite storage. I use it with customers and they can get the source and build it themselves. This saves me quite a bit of time so I don't have to do builds for the customer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.