My project's messed up -- not all MY fault!

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by moonman239, Nov 21, 2013.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I am frustrated right now. I went to revert my project to something else. Unfortunately, for some reason, Xcode's most recent snapshots are just copies of another snapshot that was taken a few days ago. I've changed the code since then. I decided I'd restore anyway.

Bottom line: Xcode's snapshot feature SUCKS. I never thought I'd think so, because it worked just fine on another project. I think I'll file a bug report with Apple.

2. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

Snapshots are a poor substitute for source control. Start using a source management repository. Xcode makes it trivial to use a local git repository, and if you have another Mac running 10.9 you can even set up Xcode server on a remote Mac.

3. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I like to use BitBucket, its free and Xcode works perfectly with it (as it does with ANY git server...)

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

You need to use real source code control. I also use BitBucket. It's free for projects with a small number of developers. I like knowing that I have offsite storage. I use it with customers and they can get the source and build it themselves. This saves me quite a bit of time so I don't have to do builds for the customer.