My proposed new Apple USB Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by karlfranz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. karlfranz macrumors regular

karlfranz

Attached Files:

2. recoilfx macrumors newbie

too much black and the blue LEDs are very over used these days -they give an impression of cheap electronics you see in those pc mods

3. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

For the price they charge, it should be wireless standard. Also, normal keys and key travel; laptop keyboards are only flat because they have to be, a desktop keyboard should be more functional.

4. karlfranz thread starter macrumors regular

karlfranz

Yeah, I can imagine some would think that there is too much black, but the problem with the new design is that there are too many colors and textures on the new iMac. The front is glossy black and matte silver, the back is matte black with a white power cord. The keyboard is matte silver with matte white keys. The mouse is white with glossy coat. Too much. It doesn't look unified.

I would have liked to see the back of the new iMac be glossy black in the same way the older model was white—that is, a solid color with a clear acrylic overlay. This would have made the back match the front better. An anodized aluminum Apple logo in the rear would have completed the look.

As far as the blue backlighting, I chose it because it increases visibility of the keys without causing glare or eyestrain. Any other shade that is light enough to be seen but not be obnoxious would be fine. In fact, they could have even made an option in the keyboard preference pane that would allow you to choose the color and brightness level of the key backlighting. How cool would that be?!?

Cheers,

Karl-Franz
    http://karlfranz.com
    http://www.espritfactfile.com

5. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

the keys should be silver for it to look better.

6. LeviG macrumors 65816