My proximity sensor 'fix'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Majakat, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Majakat macrumors member

I am also hanging up on people and invoking facetime do to the proximity sensor, however i have found if i simply click the home button and exit out of the main call interface, the call stays active and I do not have the same proximity sensor issues, not a real fix, but it beats hanging up on people!

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Took mine to the Apple store, handed it to a genius, he marked it defective & gave me a brand new phone. Problem fixed.

3. dmorris01 macrumors member

Good luck with that "fix." Let's also hope the software update does the trick.

4. MrMinor macrumors 6502

That is a great band aid fix. Thanks for the idea. I will start doing that and hope they come out with a real fix soon.

5. HXGuy macrumors 68000

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've also been having this issue (it's not frequent) but I find that using the headphones and powering off the screen and putting it in my pocket also works.

it's a temporary fix while I wait for an update because I don't want to take my phone into apple since my phone is perfect in every other sense (no dead pixels, no dust under the screen, nothing is cracked and the camera is perfect and no Antenna issue no matter how hard I grip it)

7. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

my proximity sensor seems to work perfectly fine...screen goes off when I bring it up to my face and stays off.