My psychotic new MBP! HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by brandon.vong, Feb 22, 2008.

1. brandon.vong macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I have had my new MBP for a few days now and I seem to be plagued with issues. For instance, OSX freezes up for some reason from time to time and I have to do a hard reboot at least once a day at the MINIMUM! (I saw some threads regarding this issue) and Mail is always freezing up on me and missing the toolbars... is this normal? My G4 with Leopard Mail did not have these issues whatsoever, slow but it worked. I was hoping to get a new Apple product without issues but apparently it's not possible in Apple's world today. It's just frustrating that, as much as I love Apple, I am having all of these issues within the first day. Thank you.

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Is it completely up-to-date?

If so, then you may want to try re-installing OS X.

If that doesn't help, give Apple a ring and ask for a replacement. I have no issues with my MacBook Pro (bar an occasional lock-up due to Safari).

3. brandon.vong thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. The first thing that I did when I booted up the MBP was to update everything.

4. Crossbone macrumors regular

With mine, my apps crash all the time for no reason. Right now when ever I go to launch iChat, it crashes... :mad: