my push notifications don't work and how to uninstall winterboard completely?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by poohbear19, Nov 29, 2010.

1. poohbear19 macrumors regular

poohbear19

Hi everyone :)

ok this is the history of what i did to my iphone u can skip if you want idk if this is necessary:

i bought a used iphone 3g or 3gs idk and my cousin ordered it for me, he jailbroke it with cydia and installous and unlocked with ultrasn0w for t-mobile. my email badges worked and badges came at the right time the emails came. then i decided to try out cydia and downloaded the vivid theme from the featured themes page. but i didn't like it so tried to delete it by remove from cydia.

then i did the same for winterboard by searching and removing. not sure if that deleted completely though because then then i noticed this other thing in my settings called activation and i think it is part of winterboard because it said shake for winterboard or something for part of it's settings.

so the summary is i downloaded winterboard and deleted. so now my emails arrive a day later than it is supposed to be because that is when i check my emails i always have to do the job of refreshing. and i don't get any push notifications from anything - games, text apps like textfree, textnow, and text plus 4. please help me am i missing something to delete from winterboard? what other files come with winterboard that i should delete? or is it my router? plus my cousin is a computer and software expert and he lives really far from me so now he can't fix or unlock my iphone for me if i restore it. and i dont know how to unlock!!! im only 15 and not good with computers :confused:!!!!!!please help me thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is your iPhone hactivated? That would explain it.

3. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

look at your push settibngs just in case and winterboard is gone its just that since most everyone thats jailbroken has it they have that setting built into activator but don't worry, winterboard is removed.

4. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

yeah if you read my question my cousin used ultrasn0w so i think it is

5. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

yeah i set all my push settings on already but no luck :p and i forgot to say i already deleted the activation thing from cydia so is that bad?:confused: and if winterboard is removed then what is wrong with my push notifications?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Using ultasnow doesn't mean it couldn't be activated with an official sim. Get an AT&T sim or to whoever carrier it's locked to and then restore and activate with that sim. Then install ultrasnow to unlock again.

7. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

u mean use cydia to unlock lol

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you need to install ultrasnow thru cydia to unlock.
    Cydia doesnt unlock, the ultrasnow package that is on cydia does.

9. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

ohh ok, another question(s) lol. i heard that updating an unlocked phone can "brick" it. but if i restore it, activate at&t sim card, jailbreak with redsn0w, then could i still i update it from 3.1.3 to 4? does itunes ask you to update automatically or would i have to do it myself? thanks:apple: