My quick story about the MBP 13" battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceboots06, Jul 3, 2009.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Hi,

I haven't been reading in this section too much so I don't know if people are complaining about or applauding the MBP 13" battery. I'm going to applaud it here in this quick post of mine.

My external monitor had a bunch of wires tangled in it and I pushed it to the side of my desk. In the process the MacBook's power was pulled. I used OS X for about an hour then decided that I wanted to play Counter Strike: Source in Boot Camp. So, I played Counter Strike: Source in Boot Camp for about four hours and then returned to OS X. I realized that it's been unplugged since I moved my monitor easily five hours ago and I still have 20% / 1:28 left!

FYI, CS:S had my fans running full blast,
    Boot Camp doesn't allow you to disable the illuminated keyboard, so it was on,
    I had the brightness on max because I thought the computer was plugged in

I'm impressed!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Good for you!
    Loves me some satisfied Mac users!

Sounds impressive
    I look forward to the new batteries in my next upgrade

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Diadems macrumors newbie

Nice! By the way, how well does CS:S run on the 13" MBP? It's really the only game I play anymore and have been hoping to replace my old Core Duo MacBook and aging homebrew desktop with a MBP. Thanks!

4. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

It runs perfectly fine. I'm coming from a four year old 15.4" Dell so it's a step up from what I had. (~40FPS in DX 8) In certain areas of cs_office I'll hit around 110/120, in others I'll drop down to 50 or even 40. Scoped in with the snipers drop the frames to around 50 but it really isn't "bad."

By the way,
    -Boot Camp @ Windows XP
    -No other programs running besides Steam
    -Either 1280x800 or sometimes a larger resolution which I can't recall at the moment. (I play on my external monitor too.)
    -Sometimes 2x AA, sometimes not. It doesn't kill the frames too much.
    -Everything maxed out except the AA, settings dragged all the way up in the NVidia Control Panel.

The Steam CS:S FPS test thing where you are on a "track" and look at a bunch of fancy things gave me a result of 99 FPS.

BF2 runs well on high settings too...