my ram slot two is not working

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by alam, Dec 1, 2008.

1. alam macrumors regular

alam

hello everyone
    i'm having alot of problems since i got this mac pro and the first problem is fan sound:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=584069
    second problem which is now the ram slot 2 (The Lower) isn't working properly, every time i run the computer it gives me that gray screen and tells me to keep holding the power button, but when i removed the ram slot 2 it works properly with only the upper slot ram, and to check the problem source, i switched between the upper and lower, and it worked properly but with out adding the upper slot in the lower space, so i knew that the problem now is 100% from the logic board.... right or is there an another way??? :confused:

right know i'm pretty sure that apple product is the worst hardware ever, i wish i've switched to the hackintoach thing before it was late, right know i'm stuck with this machine :(

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Don't you have AppleCare? Take it in and it will get fixed for free.

So you checked that particular RAM module and switched it with the other memory slots to confirm that it is the logicboard and not the memory? Coudn't really understand your post if that's what you did.

3. NickEm009 macrumors newbie

If you bought it within 1 year, bring it to an Apple Store and have them check it out. Also if it is still within one year of purchase, you should buy AppleCare, that way you are protected for many years to come.

An interesting piece of information to consider though, I had a MacBook Pro that was left in a car and the MBP was covered in frost but I warmed it up and it worked fine for a few weeks. Then the screen started to act erraticlly. I brought it to the Apple Store and they told me it had water damage and it was going to be liek $1000 to fix it. I said well okay I will buy AppleCare and the sales associate wouldn't sell it to me because the laptop had known and documented damage before purchase.

The point of the story is really weigh the pros and cons of the cost of AppleCare vs bringing it to the apple store admitting you know theres a problem.

GOOD LUCK!!!:apple:

4. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

will i took it today at an apple store, and they told that they've fixed it for me, they told me that there was a loose cable in the logic board and they've reconnected it properly, will i don't know about that cable and this is not the first time i've vested apple for my computer problems, but if that problem starts again i wish if steve jobs hear this (I hate apple products and i will convert to hackintoach and sell the mac pro even if i had to loose some money)

5. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

6. sculfort macrumors member

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

8. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Alam, you just need to sit down, take a deep breath and calm down. Apple, IBM, Dell or another computers tend to operate the same. Hard drive, Ram ect. You just need to pick up a book on it, available at any bookstore, and read up on them, and learn how they work, so you won't panic when they don't operate correctly. Its not hard to learn, trust me, at 48, I have learned about PC's and Mac, and love every moment of it.