My reasons for getting an iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThatsMeRight, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Hi,

Well, everyone's got a reason (not) to buy the iPhone 4. I do. Currently I've got the 3GS and I enjoy it. I use it everyday. When I wake up (before I get out of bed), and when I go to bed (before I'm going to sleep). Though there are a few things I missed several times.

1) A better camera with flash
    Well, here it is. Finally. There were moments I really wished the iPhone had a better camera with flash. Especially in low-light conditions.

2) 720p HD (filming)
    I also missed this sometimes. The iPhone 3GS can record video, but it is of very low quality. The least I want is DVD quality (so I can play it on the television), and that's what I didn't get. With iPhone 4 I can even film in HD! At 30 fps! I'm very happy it's 30 frames per second, and not 24 or 25. Most television shows are recorded in 25 fps (in the USA, I believe, 24) but 30fps brings a bit more 'smoothness'.

3) Higher resolution screen
    And next to that: the higher resolution screen. Finally. I've waited so long for this. And of course a big + for IPS (and better, brighter, colours)

If it was 'just' the front facing camera I wouldn't upgrade. If it was 'just' a better battery I wouldn't upgrade. Sure, I'd like it but the facts are that the front facing camera is nice but I'm probably only going to use it in the beginning and than it will be a feature I will rarely use again. The better battery is nice, indeed, but I've got the 3Gs since the launch day and I've only run out of juice at the end of the day for a maximum of let's say 15 days.

The 3 keypoints (new camera [especially flash], HD video recording, higher resolution screen) are the most important things for me. Those were things I really missed and now they are finally here.

The new battery, front facing camera, A4 chip and design are just 'something extra'. I wouldn't upgrade if the new iPhone didn't cover one of te 3 key points.

Thanks for reading!

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

My reason simply is that I have an iPhone 3G and come the end of June, I can not even use all of the function of iOS4. I skipped the iPhone 3GS because just being faster (among a full smaller things to me) did not seem like it was enough for me.

4. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

5. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I'm getting an iPhone 4 because I want the latest and greatest...

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

7. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

I am getting it because I have nothing else better to do with $200 and I could care less about saving.

Ah to be young and stupid!

8. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

9. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I just want the iPhone 4 for all it's new hardware features, looks and os additions :p

10. mac jones macrumors 68040

11. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Thanks for that, now I can sleep at night.

This forum has really changed.

12. phrint macrumors 6502

Because I am tied to the experience and all it does. It gives more polish and value than Android at this point in time. Plus, it mimics my Mac experience and makes running my business very easy.

13. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Lust and Vanity.

Plus the fact a 3G or 3GS screen will look like muddy water after we've gone to iPhone 4.

14. rican macrumors 6502

rican

why the hell are you so fu**ing rude dude... he pointed out his damn statement. leave him the F**K alone. a$$hole, posting dumb ****.

15. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Yes. It has.

This sort of uncalled for rude commentary should get you banned.

How about being polite and respectful of the comments submitted by others?

16. advan031 macrumors 6502

I'm so glad I didn't pull the trigger on buying a Flip camera as the iPhone 4 will work greeeeeat!

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I agree 100%, this forum has changed, people like you posting rude things like that :rolleyes:

18. Big Dave macrumors 6502

19. bassjunky macrumors regular

Have to politely disagree. While the video is not HD, the video quality of the 3GS is excellent, especially considering it's been shot from a cell phone. I've always been very impressed with its quality. The quality on iPhone 4 will be even better, so I'm quite excited to start playing with it.

20. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

21. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

This is very true![​IMG]

22. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

get lost arsehole, no one wants you here.

23. johngrant75 macrumors member

johngrant75

Ditto. The negativity gets real boring after a while.

24. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the responses. I was, and still am, interested in what reasons you guys have to get the iPhone 4.

Yes, I do agree that the quality looks awesome when you view it on your iPhone. And it's really nice for a cell phone, but it only records in a too low resolution to show on your television. It will be all blurry and stuff. When you're able to record in 720p the quality on your TV will be better :)

25. mac jones macrumors 68040

Sad but true.

Gone are the days of true fanboyism. Now all you see are posers.

Also, the average IQ has dropped a 100 points and is now in negative territory (it was below 100 level to begin with)

I feel deep nostalgia for the 'Old Days' when Apple was on verge of bankruptcy and we were an elite private club, where I could proudly hold my nose in the air.

riffraff.