My recommendation on white Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cpt.Oliver, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Cpt.Oliver, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

Cpt.Oliver macrumors member

Its a no buy.

I bought on april 4th 2 Ipad 2 , 1 black (girlfriend) and 1 white (me). I got my white exchange twice before I refund it and buy a black. The white bezel suffer cosmetics flaw which are clearly visible on any white Ipad ; if you look at your white Ipad edges you will notice a lot of imperfections , specially near corners , home button and above head phone jack , which is common above head jack with the black color too but much less visible. So for me the white is a cosmetic flop for a gadget 500$ and up. My new black I pad 2 is perfect and dont suffer any cosmetic issue, im glad I exchange it.

you can also look and compare any white and black Ipad at your local apple store, you will notice 100% of the time that the black look a lot nicer than any white Ipad concerning cosmetic issues.

2. BigLove macrumors newbie

Sorry you got such duds but your claims that this applies to all white models because you experienced it on a total of 2 units are fallacy. I'm currently typing this on a white iPad 2 that has zero cosmetic imperfections. It also has a screen with no dead pixels and screen bleed so light that I find myself questioning whether I see it or not on full brightness, black screen in a dark room. I love it. You know what? I love the black ipads i've gotten to briefly use as well because at the end of the day they are same damn thing.

3. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

It's because the colour black does not reflect any visible imperfections, when there actually may be any defects with it (like you mentioned), its actually not visible on the black because it has a darker colour, therefore it would be more difficult to spot them.

I can agree with you on the home button on my iPad 2 is slightly off put, the one on the black one is much smoother, and it has no sticking edges, which makes it easier to press. If you glide your finger over the button on the white one, it seems like someone just stuck the button there with superglue, which feels kinda cheap.

I liked the black iPad because it looked more classy, and as you said, had less imperfections.

4. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

+100

I sold my white 3g iPad 2, and ordered a BLK AT&T FTW!

Not acceptable to have these issues on a 900USD item(after tax)

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

That's quite a detailed diagnosis, think of it all by yourself?
    How can you compare your bad experiences concerning a few iPads and some demo models that are handled and abused by thousands each day in an Apple Store, against the fact the the white version has sold millions and made a lot of customers very happy.

6. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Yeah exactly, on black, imperfections are much less visible. On white, the bezel and aluminium imperfections are like 10 times more visible than black which is why i exchange my white for a black.

7. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Im Not saying all black are perfect and all white are not perfect. My point is cosmetics issues are more visible on white than black. Iwasnt enjoying my white anymore cause i was always looking at these imperfections which turn me crazy knowing the fact its unacceptable for this product. So i switch to black and glad i did.

8. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

All these imperfections make the white Ipad look cheap ! The black Ipad feel and look high class

9. Gunny011 macrumors regular

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

To quote a great movie:
    "Opinions are like *******s. Everybody's got one, and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

Your opinion is not fact. Don't try to pass it off as such. Apparently there are several hundred thousand people who disagree with you.

Also, you provided no proof of your claims. What YOU consider to be imperfections may be invisible to other people, or simply a matter of non-interest.

11. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Oh rest assure this thread isnt scientific. For me the look matter and i wasnt happy with the white i pad cause imperfections are more visible on white, thats a fact. Anyway thats my opinion ;)

12. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

True. In my mind its clear Apple engineer design the body and cosmetic aspect of the i pad 2 to fit perfectly with the black color. But they decide to launch a white color to make everyone happy knowing the fact their design is made for black.

13. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Off topic, but please stop making multiple posts. Instead, just edit the previous post or use multiquote. There's no reason to keep cluttering threads.

14. drpotter2807 macrumors newbie

I guess I am in the minority here....

I sent my husband to wait in line Friday morning in hopes of getting a black 32 or 64GB wifi. All they got in were white 32's. I seriously considered telling him to forgo his ticket. ( I was violently opposed to white) but thought better of it and decided I would exchange it when I could.

I however am finding myself REALLY enjoying the white the longer I use it. I have looked for the bleeding issues and quality control issues you guys are talking about but found none. Perhaps I'm just lucky. But the white may win the hearts of some. But for those it doesn't... there is always black. Variety is never a bad thing in my opinion.

:D

15. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Glad you like your white :) I tried but couldnt like it

16. bandrews macrumors 6502a

I got white. Love it. I'd probably love black too if I had got a black one. Truth is I'm too busy using the thing to worry about what colour my bezel is or whether there is a micron of paint missing from it.

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

My white one looks great and has no visible imperfections. When I look at black iPads with the screen on, all I see are fingerprints on the bezel. Black iPads look four-years-boring to me, like big iPhones, while the white ones look fresh, clean, and futuristic.

As always its subjective.

18. Sulwyn macrumors member

Just got my white this afternoon and have noticed 0 imperfections. It's perfect. I have noticed bleeding issues but I'm not OCD so it'll probably get shoved to the back of my mind before long and I'll be like "what are bleeding issues???" soon enough. XD

I got white because most of my electronics have been/ are black. (Black 3DS, Black iPhone 3GS, Black iPod Video and the list goes on.) Only thing I had that wasn't black was my DS Lite because my dad decided that pink would be good for me. It was time for a change. :D

Not regretting my choice at all. It's better than boring black to me.

19. drpotter2807 macrumors newbie

Thank you!!!! I kept wondering why everybody was spending so much time worrying about this! Get what you want and shut up about it already!

20. infamousjax macrumors newbie

You have the preference of choosing either white or black... because, well, it's YOUR preference!

Those people whom bash others saying their iPad color looks cheaper than the other color can expect to be flamed because criticizing someone's choice often hurts people's egos in a very personal way.

For example... someone who likes both black and white colors orders a white one, and from then on will declare that they like white better than black because that's the one they settled on. Further insult to the white iPad will "hurt their feelings" because that's the one they chose.

There is no better color choice... Go with what you like better and don't listen to threads like these. It's just a color for god's sake.

21. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Why do people spell colour as color? These Americans...

22. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....because we speak American and not some silly foreign language like English.:D

23. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Actually in England, we don't understand the term "American" or the "state" :D

24. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Black is cool white is cool its all about preference. The point of this thread is if you have cosmetics imperfections, they are more visible on White ipad

25. Jcoz macrumors 6502

I would agree they probably are more visible, as are the finger prints on the black bezel.

And you have very few options available to alleviate the fingerprints on black, which I find as aggravating as any cosmetic blemish, where are you may be able to get a white in great shape, and protect it accordingly.

I chose white at least 50% due to fingerprints driving me crazy. Obviously with the screen off you see them on both, but you see them all the time on the black bezel.

The other was it was simple color preference.