My refurbished Macbook (got it like 4 days ago)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Krovem, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Krovem macrumors 6502

Krovem

Wow its amazing! I am very happy and it Looks BRAND NEW WooT :D!!!
    My first unboxing video. I think i will be getting wireless keyboard and MM. Idk buy new or used/opened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEAoBFIvN3E

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Congrats? :cool:

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Glad to see you're excited about it. What was your final price?

4. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Did you use my coupon code for that? Congrats!

5. Krovem thread starter macrumors 6502

Krovem

Yes. Thank You!

6. OngL macrumors member

I saw in my country a MBP 2.53 refurb saves about 600 dollars. A good deal. However, I never bought one, can you tell me what to expect with a refurb?

7. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

i like how most unboxing videos show people being delicate with everything, and you just went ahead and ripped out the leopard DVDs :p

8. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Expect a computer that appears to be new :p

9. fireman13 macrumors 6502

Congrats on the computer!
    I've ordered a few things from the refurb store. the latest being the wireless keyboard. I've never had any problems with anything that I've ordered. As long as you don't mind not having a shiny new box, your basically getting a brand new product with a better inspection than the new ones. Also Apple likes to call it reconditioned not refurbished. Guess this makes it sound better to them.
    Anyway, hope it brings you many years of joy.

10. rust.puppet macrumors regular

what coupon code is that?

11. Krovem thread starter macrumors 6502

Krovem

The refurbished MB is $1399.00 + $100 for printer and then you get $100 rebate. Also i bought a coupon that gives you $100 off products.

This coupon dosent work with student discount or anything like that. But it works for refurnished computer and extra 100 off.

I swear it looks brand new, and it dosent seem to be refurbished. I think i made a good choice, saves like $300 buks, i dont care about that the fancy box apple offers and pay $200 more or something.

I would definitely 100% WORTH IT!!!

Lol HAHA yeah the CDs would not come out so i just ripped it out. That what some of the comments wer eon youtube. Owell.

thanks, ask if you want to know anything else and ill try my best to help.

12. Heimlich macrumors member

I thought that part was really funny. lol
    We need more people like that..

13. peachyjava macrumors newbie

Coupon!

Hey Cyro... I'd be very interested to learn about your coupon. in the market to buy my first macbook refurb.

14. ColinEC macrumors 6502

Thanks a lot for putting the video up. I'm planning on buying either a refurbished MacBook or a refurbished MacBook Pro too save some money.

It looks stunning, looks brand new. Do refurbished models reused old parts but have a new case? I heard they check over the computer to make sure it doesn't have any imperfections.

15. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Refurbished equipment may have been returned for any number of reasons. It could actually be brand new and never opened or it could have been used. In any case Apple says that any refurbs pass a rigorous inspection, come with a 1-year warranty, and also include an option to purchase AppleCare.

16. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I only buy refurbished from Apple unless I can get the same machine brand new for the same price.

17. Krovem thread starter macrumors 6502

Krovem

Haha lol.

Yes refurb can be many things. My runs good and i am very happy with my first mac computer.

Make sure you think good before deciding pro or macbook.
    I wanted MBP the whole time but with some help from people on this site i though about more and realized i dont need to pay extra 200-300 buks to get bigger screen size..(thank you everyone!). Well it might be diffrent for you just depends on what you do. MB dosent seem that small i am perfectly fine with it, when i was in apple store it seemed super small but now its fine.

Idk i thought maybe this could help you.
    Thanks.

18. Krovem thread starter macrumors 6502

Krovem

Haha lol.

Yes refurb can be many things. My runs good and i am very happy with my first mac computer.

Make sure you think good before deciding pro or macbook.
    I wanted MBP the whole time but with some help from people on this site i though about more and realized i dont need to pay extra 200-300 buks to get bigger screen size..(thank you everyone!). Well it might be diffrent for you just depends on what you do. MB dosent seem that small i am perfectly fine with it, when i was in apple store it seemed super small but now its fine.

Idk i thought maybe this could help you.
    Thanks.

19. Muttergasht macrumors newbie

Coupon

Hey Cyroceon... I am also looking to buy a refurbished MB and would like to find more about your coupon.

20. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

21. aethelbert macrumors 601

The one-time-use coupon was listed for sale in the site's marketplace and sold quite a while ago.