My replacement came in today and NO bleeding!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gil22, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Gil22 macrumors member

I don't know if I just hit the lottery but I can confirm there ARE non bleeding ipads in existence.

2. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

3. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

Take a picture, my money is on someone finding a bleed.

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Fixed it for you :)

5. jrichman63, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

jrichman63 macrumors regular

picture? batch number? location?

I ask because I want one that works right.

6. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Don't post a picture of the screen or there will be one less 'perfect' one in the wild.

7. jrichman63 macrumors regular

Jeez dude. What's your deal? do you work for Apple?

The screen manufacturing defects are real. Apple knows it and exchanges them on the spot. It's not to much to ask that the product work 100% when it's new out of the box.

8. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Again, not a defect for that type of edge lit screen. Its a characteristic, no different than a Plasma television suffering from the 'screen door' effect, or a DLP television suffering from poor angle viewing or washed out blacks. Do you not read anything at all? Try a true LCD forum like AVSForum.com, or HiDefforum.com, or AVForum.com. You'll find PLENTY of talk about edge lit displays from videophiles, as well as independent articles and comparisons. There are plenty more beyond that with a simple search across the net. Do some homework on the electronic gear before you buy it. Man are you thick or what?

Apple is exchanging out iPads for ANY reason right now. They grant that leniency after launch to get a large amount of information to their engineers for product improvements in a short period of time. That came directly from an Apple DM in my area. Man, talk about sheer laziness as a consumer.

9. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

They ordered me a replacement for my first iPad 2 also because of the amount of light bleed I had. Only took three days for it to arrive! And just like you, the new one is a lot lot better, so there definitely is hope.

10. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

I guess it's a completely random issue, as my iPad 2 I bought launch day has had 0 issues with light bleed, or ANYTHING for that matter.

11. zaxdude macrumors regular

^^^what saving107 said!

12. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Cool story. But, this story falls short without any pictures or anything to back it up.

13. rzc macrumors newbie

is this the bleeding that everyone is talking about.... I started noticing the bottom below the apple logo when you first turn it on. Now O notice it on the side also, it this normal???? Should I be worried and get it exchange. Really doesn't bother me much only noticed that it didn't look right when turning it ON or OFF.

My apologies for the blurry attached pic.

Attached Files:

14. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

^thats what everyone is talking about. You really only notice it when its turns on and when you watch movies that have the black bars below and above the movie. Its not worth getting a replacement now because more than likely the one you get will have it also. Im personally going to wait a month or so before i try to get a replacement since by then the stock should hopefully be much better.

15. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Hahahaha oh snap. Another one bites the dust.

16. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

17. rzc macrumors newbie

the pic doesn't do it any justice.... but like I said, it don't bother me much. I just hope it doesn't get any worse I guess. Again, I don't even notice it at all unless I turn it on/off. For now I may wait until I am sure they have the supply but I will bring it up and see what they say.

18. jrichman63 macrumors regular

IT'S A DEFECT. Get that trough your head.

Your so arrogant to assume that your only one who understands the tech or uses the web. Thats the biggest load of BS I've heard in a long time. You go look at the pictures and search the web. There are articles everywhere.

No your the lazy one who will drop 500 plus on a known defective product out of the box. Your Apple fanboy. I've seen first hand in the Apple store iPad 2s with one small light bleed and tons with many. The Apple crew was hunting out the variations.

You are lazy by supporting substandard quality products.

19. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

Stop stalking that guy, please. It's getting scary :p

20. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

and it's "you're" not "your" :)

21. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

awesome...

22. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Glad someone else noticed...