Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henjam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Hi, this may seem like a silly and an easy fix and I really hope it is, but when I click on my system preferences and go on security then on general, when i click the option require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver it doesn't work.

I don't know whether any of my other preference settings have accidentally canceled it out or somehing is genuinely wrong - but these are my current settings for the things I think my be affecting it:

in security/general: *require password to wake this computer... is ticked.
*disable automatic login is tick *require password to unlock system preferences pane is not ticked *log out after ___ minutes of inactivity is not ticked.

In energy saver for power adapter: *the computer sleeps 10 minutes * the display sleeps at 2 minutes

In energy saver for battery: it is identical

and my screen saver comes on in 4 minutes.

there are also attachments you can look at if they work

I don't know what I have done wrong but any help you can give will be infinitely helpful.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 75

LordFox

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
hi henjam,
have you tried turning off require password, rebooting and then turning require password back on? maybe try to repair permissions in disk utility too

LordFox:apple::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.