My review of H20 Wireless

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by miss.manson, Jan 16, 2012.

1. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

This may also be a bait and Switch event, but I will leave that for you to decide.
    This wireless service provider promises "Unlimited" texting and calling for 50.00 a month. It is probably the best deal out there, so I signed on in November . However, on 01/13/2012 my new iPhone 4s ceased to text. After being on hold for over an hour, H20 advised that I had been "texting Excessively", and that the texting ability was now "restricted". They explained that they had the "legal Right" to do this, as the customer is responsible for reading the extensive Terms and Conditions posted on their website. Deep within this difficult to read document, it states that service may be restricted for "Unreasonable Use". It does not provide guidance or definition of what constitutes "Unreasonable Use" of the "Unlimited Use" they advertise for their product. Similarly, H20 has advised that the "Restricted Use" of texting ability they have assessed me really means No Use At All. Representatives struggle with the English language at irritating moments, such as trying to get them to explain the parameters of the term "Unreasonable" or as you attempt to enlighten them on what the word "Unlimited" means as defined by the Merriam Webster Dictionary. That definition reads "1.Lacking any control: Unrestricted. 2.Boundless, Infinite, and 3. Not Bound by Exceptions", but it has no effect on them. They are as incredibly difficult to understand as they are smug, comfortable, and unflappable. One gets the sense that they deal with this issue constantly, so much so that they have become bored and amused with the repetitive complaints. One them told me that he uses AT&T and would never subscribe to H20. Another of them told me that I have a "Character Flaw" by texting so much on the "Unlimited Plan" they have sold us. These people are veterans.
    it's not unusual to be ripped off these days, but the in-your-face arrogant nature of this scam and the people behind it is stunning. It clearly and irrefutably qualifies as False Advertising, if not a Bait and Switch operation and Mobile/Social Scam as well.
    I am initiating a Charge Back on my fiance's credit card, which I'm sure will have no impact on their operation at all, and that these criminals will snare enough other suckers in minutes to make the loss irrelevant.
    It is the best deal out there after all, just read their advertisements.

2. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Report them

Unfortunately when you sign any document or contract you are held by the terms and conditions. They could say unlimited but if you signed off on it without fully reading, you can't really complain.

Your best bet is to cancel the service and contact better business bureau.

Let me know how it goes.

3. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Because he's hacked off and isn't going to take it anymore?

5. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

She*

----------

I have, and I will keep you updated :)

6. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

The laws in the US need to be like they are in Europe where they couldnt get away with this. There's far too many companys advertising stuff you don't really get. This is a prime example and it's getting worse. I would repost this to as many complaint sites as you can and as many forums as you can. I for one was thinking about using them but no way now.

7. miss.manson thread starter macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I agree completely,I already posted this on Scambook. They are terrible and I do NOT recommend them

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I heard they were doing the same with people using data and just shutting them off
    Nowhere near unlimited anything. If you also use too many minutes that they consider it Unreasonable Use then you will be stuck with no service.
    I'd stay away from them.

9. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

I'm not too far off from you probably, in Jax, FL.. but I'm not sure we have H2O here and while we're being off topic anyways - stay away from those smaller cell phone companies for good.. it's not worth the hassle. They all borrow their connections from the big cell company's towers.. they pay Verizon/Sprint/whoever to borrow their towers to bounce traffic, etc.

I almost pulled the trigger on MetroPCS a while ago thinking it was a steal until i realized that sure it's unlimited.. if you can deal with 1x data speeds. And their new "LTE" is capped to 3g speeds. You pay for you get.

Woman-up and pay the ETF and go with a legit company.

I've been in your shoes though, I went through a battle with Clear (Wire) for months about usage, signal problems, etc. I hope they burn to the ground.

10. OceanView macrumors 65816

Don't you know no one ever reads the Terms of use Contract?
    Even Steve Jobs couldn't teach the HumanCentiPad to read on SouthPark. :p