My Review on the MBP Penryn

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by billmister, Mar 10, 2008.

1. billmister macrumors 6502

Hey everyone! Well i'm back to talk about my experience with the MBP i got in the mail Friday.

To start the packaging was pretty good, i was pissed when i saw that they was a slight hole on the box. BUT when i opened it up, there was padding between the Brown box from UPS and the real MacBook Pro box.

Upon opening the box i felt like this was to much for me. I was spoiled, i am not worthy... It was packaged nicely. It came with the Display wire, extended wire for charging and standard one. The disks of course the MacBook Pro.

Anyway upon turning on the laptop i wanted to see if I saw any difference in the display then what I saw at the apple store. So far no yellow below the screen or half way down :eek: Hope it stays that way.

The designe of the computer is SWEET! and it's FAST. I have a iMac 2.0Ghz with 2 gig ram, and this computer is FAST FAST FAST. Everything runs the way it's supposed to, so far no problem using the Os of any of the apps that come with computer. In terms of heat, i did not notice any heating to extreme. It was running cool and no overheating.

Now i have till this day (2 days after getting my macbook)put it to sleep. I have only used it 3 times due to work and training. BUT today i plan on doing the calibrating thing. I will charge it up until the charger is green and wait 2 hours and then take it out and use it untill the battery drains out and etc...

So i give the laptop 2 thumbs up... It's fast, the screen 15'' is SWEET, now everytime i look at a macbook the screen doens't look as it used to. The keyboard lighting up is nice touch.

Oh and regarding the Wi-fi connection, there is ZERO problem. I put it next to my fiance's Blackbook and i get the same amount of power. Actually in ONE instance we were side by side doing something only and her wifi went down to only having 3 bars.. but this was for like 5-10 seconds, and then went back up.

In either case, i'm glad i went with the 250 gig hard drive. Currently i'm using up 32 gigs... I havents transfered ALL of my video's from my iMac because i don't need to carry all those video's.

All and all i'm extremely happy with my purchase. My first laptop ever and and i can't wait to travel so i can pop out my laptop lol. Or use it on a resort. These computers rock!!!

2. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

Congratulations on your new purchase.

Glad to hear you don't have anything to complain about.

Nice to hear the positive side of owning a Mac!:D

3. davinche macrumors regular

davinche

Congrats on the new purchase... If my MBP 17" wasn't an SR I would get a new one but the features aren't worth the money for me at this point to upgrade.

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

congratulations!
    try to get some sleep..
    i'm sure your eyes are tired after the hours of admiration you're giving to the MBP

5. BowZinger macrumors member

how could anyone sleep for the first week with their new MBP!?

I would be so worried about someone else using it!

It is my baby!

MINE!

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Congrats. I can see you're excited, but it's absolutely silly to calibrate your battery under say 15 cycles.

7. katejones macrumors regular

katejones

omg i havnt hardly slept , waiting for my mbp to arrive in the next few hours. Reading macrumurs isnt helping lol. Glad you love it :p

8. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

wow! the agony of waiting!
    soon, you will be rewarded! soon!

9. pionata macrumors 6502

Seems mine will be delivered the 17th... :)

Lucky you!

10. M&M macrumors regular

M&M

This is gonna be the longest week of my life!

11. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey, is that true?.. the reason is because i was reading the forum and i think in the manual it says that it's reccomended to calibrate your battery within the first week of use.?

12. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

In reality if you were being spoiled you would of gotten the Apple remote which was shipped with all previous gen MBP's as well and possibly even another accessory or two with your $2,000+ purchase but instead you got a black rag lol :p.

13. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes thankfully my computer is running great with zero problems. Today is actually the first time i put that thing to sleep.. And wanted to see if i get that black screen everyone talks about.. But nothing.. ::knock on wood::

LOL you know it's funny you mention that?... the day it was delivered to my house, i had to work the next day.. As if that wasn't bad enough, i hadn't had over 5 hours of sleep the whole week and that was the day i was going to catch some sleep... Well i stayed till 4:36am playing around with my laptop... It is SOOOOOooooo cool.. Well i still feel the same way but it was hard waking up after 3 hours of sleep.

Yes i feel the same way.. I really don't want anyone snooping around my laptop.

LOL i did 2 day delivery and just waiting for that thing to ship and arrive was torture... Total of 4 days i waited.

14. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Nice review! I completely agree with the packaging - it makes such a big difference in terms of the overall experience. Enjoy the machine!