My right click doesn't work

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ezio1212, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ezio1212 macrumors newbie

Well my title says it. I just recently upgraded to mac OS X Leopard (yeah yeah yeah...) and when i started my computer my right click didn't work =/. Now this annoys me because I play some games that involve using the right click so I need it >.<. Can someone tell me what to do? thanks :)

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

For secondary clicks, place two fingers and click the button ...

Check that box.

Attached Files:

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Would help to know what mac you're using, laptop or desktop, what model etc...

4. ezio1212 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What kind of mouse?

6. mithrilfox macrumors regular

mithrilfox

Are you genuinely being serious about your issue here? I've been on countless Mac forums where somebody thinks it's funny to complain about the right mouse button not working or not knowing how to use it.

Any mouse with a right-button will work unless the mouse is broken. There is no setting you need to change. I'm using Leopard 10.5.6 and there isn't any such setting to disable it available in the GUI.

Either your mouse is broken and you need to buy a new one, or you're stirring up trouble.

7. Dale124 macrumors member

Well, I have to say, that my "mighty mouse" did not work with a right click until I went in to the mouse settings and changed the right side of the mouse to represent the "secondary button". Initially it was on the "primary button", just like the left side. So, perhaps that is what this person is referring to.

8. mithrilfox2 macrumors newbie

Thank you for clarifying. With my non-Apple mouse, I get no such options even listed in the preferences. Period... they don't exist for me.

And anyway, who uses the pre-packaged mice? Mice that come with systems are always bad :p.

Trackball forever.

9. mahjohng macrumors newbie

Mac mouse right click doesn't work

go into system preferences; keyboard & mouse; mouse; choose 'secondary button' from the dropdown for the right side the mouse (or the left if you prefer). This will activate the typical right-click options (file, copy, paste, etc.)