My ringtones don't appear

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lumpor, Dec 4, 2010.

1. lumpor macrumors newbie

I use an iphone 3G, and a few months ago I added my first custom ringtone to it, by copying an acc file, converting to m4r etc.

It worked great. Now I've done the same thing. I succesfully created a m4r file, dragged it to my iphone. The iphone was syncing, and my ringtone appeared within itunes, under ringtones, under my iphone. I tried playing it in itunes (but in my iphone ringtone folder), and it worked out fine. But when I try to change my ringtone settings on my iphone, the song doesn't appear.

Have they changed their policy in some way, to increase ringtone purchases from the store? Everything worked perfectly fine except the ringtone not appearing in my iphone (the longer version of the song DOES appear and works fine in my library though)

2. Grinchus macrumors newbie

Is your iPhone 3G jailbroken with redsn0w? Noticed the same thing today on my JB iPhone 3G... I've restored my iPhone ios 4.2.1 and didn't jailbreak it... Now the ringtones appear on my iPhone.