My rMBP has ruined all other computers for me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SuperSnake2012, Jan 9, 2013.

1. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I cannot look at another display for more than a few seconds without missing my rMBP. The difference is just incredible. I am really happy with my computer and would never go back to a non-retina display. I'm about 4 months into my ownership and I am still thrilled with it. :)

2. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

if you love it so much why don't you marry it.

3. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

I just recently got the 13inch retina, and I love it. The quality is so much better than my old 2010 macbook pro, and it runs much faster. The retina is awesome, and I like how much lighter it is than the old macbook pro

4. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I have no such reservations. Sure, the Retina display is great but I have no problem or disgust using lower resolution screens.

5. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Damn. I am a proud owner of an early2011 MBP (see sig), that is after the retina launched you can scratch that "proud". Now you are telling me that if I ever get my hands on a retina 13" or 15", I'll no longer appreciate any other screens.

That retina is in many ways too desirable - It makes the other lineup look bad.

RGDS,

6. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

Please! The retina screen is nice, and that is about it! Not a necessity, for sure, and until most software takes advantage of the addded resolution, probably a waste!

When I bought my MBP, looked at the retina for a long time, and to me not worth it. Especially the lack of upgrade in the current model.

To each his own!

7. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Agreed! All the software I use is retina ready - MS Word - iWork - Photoshop CS6 and all the small things like transmission and dropbox.

8. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

Really? are we THAT much of a douche? I can't wait to get mine either, will you planning my 15" wedding?

9. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

I suppose it depends on how good your eyesight is.

I looked at the hi res MBP for quite some time, then went to look at the Retina model, and instantly had to have it.

As for using other computers, just sit further away. :D

10. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

Lol.

11. noiseordinance macrumors regular

Jealousy is a stinky perfume my friend. I'm going to guess that you didn't buy an HDTV until last year because "some shows are still broadcast in SD... waste of money!"

That said, most programs I use for school and play are retina ready.

12. packgrad2000 macrumors regular

I was all ready to buy a cMBP and upgrade it with SSD and a 2nd HDD, 16GB RAM, and then buy a used Cinema Display for editing photos. But after seeing the rMBP now I'm not so sure. It's got a lot of downsides but after seeing that display, it was hard looking over at the cMBP sitting next to it. I'm about ready to make the plunge...

13. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

What downsides? It's so sexy, I have to try really hard not to lick it.

14. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

I have a 13" rMBP and love it, but I think it depends on what kind of screen you're talking about.

A rMBP compared to a cMBP, for sure...there's no comparison. But I was coming from a 27" iMac with a res of 2560x1440 and that screen still looked pretty damn good to me. Granted, not retina level, but it is IPS and LED backlit, so it still looked really nice and the normal viewing distance makes up for the lack of retina.

I'll be getting a Thunderbolt Display when it's updated to pair with my 13" rMBP and can't wait.

15. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

lol it's pretty obvious he wishes he got one (or could have afforded it)

16. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Sounds like jealousy, to me. The Retina display is more than just nice, it enhances the entire computer experience massively. And most major software has already been updated to support the Retina displays, even Skype (which traditionally takes ages to get updated).

17. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

My Dell S-IPS display is much better than my rMBP display. So you just don't know any better. The text in the rMBP is much sharper than my Dell, but the colors on the Dell are much better than rMBP.

18. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

19. sensorian macrumors member

I recently married my Retina Macbook Pro and now it keeps nagging me and telling me that I'm not paying it enough attention to it. Every time I plug something into it it asks me whether it looks big in it and it is severely restricting the kind of websites I visit.

Personally I'd advise against it.

20. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

I'm just living in sin with mine, so she's still wearing thongs and suspenders.

21. nib95 macrumors newbie

It's nice, very nice even, don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying mine, but honestly speaking the screen is not as impressive as some people make out.

First off, colour accuracy and black accuracy wise, it's still a good degree off some other screens. Especially before calibration. The Sony Vaio Z (top end model) for example, seems to have a much better screen in this regard, as do some of the business models of certain laptops.

Second, despite being retina, certain images, even higher res one's, sometimes look less sharp on my Retina than on my old 17" MBP.

Lastly, the size. Beautiful screen, but the retina aspect doesn't really make much of a tangible difference. In all honesty I'd have just preferred a slimmer and lighter 17" Macbook Pro, even without the retina.

22. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

The biggest asset of the retina screen on the 13" for me is being able to switch on the fly to a higher resolution to gain more screen estate. That was the one thing the 13" always lacked for me and now the retina provides that.

23. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Maybe not ruined but I have to admit my iMac display has lost a lot of its luster since I got my rMBP. ;)

24. zjazz macrumors 6502

Huge difference!!! Everything looks grainy and out of focus after Retina.:) We're spoiled now!!!:D Don't understand how some people state there is no difference? It sure night and day for me....just my 2 cents:cool: