My Rollercoaster story in obtaining a 64GB Gold 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonzoxd, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

If you didnt wanna see my blog, you wouldnt have came in. Here goes.

Woke up at 2:45am. Opened a tab for Apple, and opened a tab for Verizon, all logged in and ready to order on whichever will take me first.

Non of them are letting me through.

Its 4am now, and finally I get into the Verizon checkout, and I see the item I want, but with a delivery date of 10/7. Thats just too long. Decided to close the Verizon tab; it is no longer an option.

Keeps refreshing the Apple site; its a no-go. I finally ask someone on the site what the delievery time looks like for the item I want. The people who were able to get in the Apple site tells me its a 7-10day wait. So i decided to call it a night by 5am. Wasted 2 hours of my time, and head back to bed.

I get up at 6:45am to head to work. Decided lets give it another try. This time I can get into the Apple store myself. Still saw the 7-10 day wait time, and said ehh what the hell, and decided to check out anyways. Then as Im checking out I saw the option to pick up in Store. I go to check availability and LO-AND-BEHOLD, the SOHO store had a pick up time of 9/19. I was in shock and I hurried up and check-out.

My time was redeemed.

2. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

3. Phonzoxd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just checked again to see what shipping times look like right now, and its says 3-4weeks.

Yikes.

Also no more in store pickups for everyone around me.

Whew.

4. nealh macrumors 6502

Apple amazes with how bad their site works with pre-orders. Took me 40min at their site to get iPhone 6+ Gold 64gb(AT&T has 2-3 weeks wait at initial order point only 128gb was avail. for 9/19)

Applecare+ hung my order and i had to checkout without it.

Also no in-store pickup for me...option was greyed.

5. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

I was going to get applecare plus, glad I didn't. I have 30 days after and I was afraid exactly this would happen.

6. Phonzoxd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup every store around me is greyed out now. A few hours ago a few still had it open.

7. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Interesting. I never saw Applecare when I ordered a 6+, can't see it now in the app or online (for separate purchase). I assumed they had locked phone purchases to phone-only to speed things up. Hmmm....

8. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

You can call over the phone and order it. I've done with with the 5 and 5s.

9. nealh macrumors 6502

I forgot to say I was still able to get 9/19 delivery. Odd AT&T did not offer anything but 2-3 weeks