- Dec 2, 2018
- If I add an international keyboard (Chinese, for example), my iPhone automatically installs the dictionary/dictionaries for the language. But, if I delete the keyboard, the dictionary file remains. My iPhone should prompt me if I would also like to remove the associated dictionary file as well.
- Rearranging apps is very touch sensitive. I have difficulty moving apps to new locations as they tend to exit the folder or nudge other apps, affecting the organization.
- On the iPad, when you open an app folder, then open an app, then return to the app folder, as soon as you scroll to the previous or next page(s), the corners shrink slightly.
- I never want Siri voice feedback. When I go into Siri Feedback Settings, the option I would choose is “Only with ‘Hey Siri’”, but I have “Listen for ‘Hey Siri’” turned off, so this isn’t exactly an accurate description.
- “Echo” screen effect does not account for iPad orientation.
- When I sort notes by title within the app, and sort notes by title in Settings > Notes, when I go back to in-app sorting, "Default (Title)" and "Title" are displayed. This is ubiquitous.
- Accuracy when adjusting document scan corners is very difficult because your finger obstructs the view of the corners. This should be offset.
- When adding a contact's FaceTime Audio or Video phone number to Favorites, and their contact card contains multiple FaceTime-compatible numbers (i.e., personal and work), you're given just one option to select from — FaceTime. Tapping the selected "FaceTime" option from Favorites will contact all FaceTime-compatible numbers in the contact card. You should be given the option to select the number you want to add as the favorite.
- If I have a large amount of files in my "Recently Deleted" folder in Apple Photos (tens of thousands of files), the "Delete All" button will not work. I have to manually remove about a thousand at a time.
- When I share a reminder list to someone’s email address, their avatar is correctly displayed next to their name in the reminder list as the person I’m sharing with. When I share to the person’s phone number, the avatar does not display. Instead it just displays a graphic with their initials.
- If I accidentally complete a reminder, I can go back and remove the completion “check,” and the reminder will return to my list of uncompleted items but then my reminders list will have two instances of that reminder if I have it set to repeat — the upcoming instance (which I unmarked as completed), as well as the next instance of that reminder. So, I have the two of the same reminder for two separate dates. I would like my list to look the same as it did before I tapped on complete reminder — just the one reminder, and not the upcoming reminder as well as the one that comes after that (for a repeating reminder).
- I can't drag lists that have been shared with me into a new group. Also, if I create a new group, and edit group settings to include the newly-added shared lists, they do not appear.
- When selecting a proximity alert location, you have to tap “< Details” to go back. This is confusing because it doesn’t give the impression that the location is saved. There should be a separate confirmation button, rather than going back.
- Settings > Calendar > Start Week On: When creating a new event, the calendar will be displayed with the first day of the week being whatever I set it to. When setting a date for a reminder, there is no way to change the default calendar display with the first day of the week starting on Sunday.
- When editing a saved bookmark or favorite URL, it is not apparent that you can use the trackpad feature without the space button. You just tap and hold in the empty space where the space button would be. I think Apple should put something in that space to let users know they can still use the trackpad feature.
- Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Watch: When I delete an Apple Watch backup, it kicks me back to the previous menu.
- When I attempt to paste the URL to a subscribed calendar into the Server field, it only prompts me if I want to copy the text. I have to long press a second time for the paste option to appear. Alternatively, if I press and hold, it works every time. For some reason, this field is defaulting to the copy action.
- Glyphs for the “Notes” or “Find My“ shortcuts cannot be changed.
- When I add a shortcut to the home screen, if I delete the shortcut from the Shortcuts app, the bookmark remains on the home screen. As it is unusable without the shortcut, I think it should also be deleted.
- Spell check doesn't work in Notes.
- Typing enter in Notes to begin a new line doesn't always work.
iOS/iPadOS Feature Requests
Bold = high priority, Underlined = top priority
Bold = high priority, Underlined = top priority
- Joint accounts.
- Budgeting tools (e.g., notifications when reaching or meeting category spending limits).
- Delete books instead of hide only.
- Share calendars to phone numbers instead of email addresses only.
- Display anniversary dates for contacts, add to Upcoming Events notifications in Calendar settings.
- Sync Reminders with Calendar.
- Multiple default alert times (for birthdays, events, all-day events).
- Option to change default alert time for all-day events to something other than 9 AM.
- Birthday and “other” calendar color customization.
- Display names of all people who share address in calendar event location field.
- Multiple alarms.
- Display ages in contacts.
- Link "Related names" field to respective contact cards.
- Clear previously uploaded photos from contact photo suggestions.
- "Find My" widget.
- Option to disable camera shutter, screenshot, connected to charger, dictation, and Apple Pay sound effects without need to mute device.
- Share webpages in Reader format.
- Dynamic wallpapers change according to time of day.
- New ringtones.
- Temporarily disable low quality image mode when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Display age in birthday alerts.
- Widgets on lock screen.
- Queue AirDrop transfers for when recipient is inactive.
- Option to disable dictation text chime.
- Trackpad functionality for "0" key in the numerical phone keypad.
- Skip an alarm for more than one day (e.g., long holiday weekends).
- Add my birthday greeting to "Good Morning" lock screen.
- Expandable folders in dock.
- Full page screenshots everywhere, not Safari only.
- Custom Memoji background colors.
- Memoji studio app for creating and saving Memojis and images.
- Updated pull-to-refresh action and animation.
- Greater dimming range.
- Bring the refreshed app icons in macOS Big Sur to iOS 14 before its release.
- Folders in "App & Website Passwords".
- Password generator.
- Password website name customization.
- Sort "Website & App Passwords" by recently added.
- Scheduled emails.
- Default "from" email address for composing new emails.
- Notifications for junk mail (most of my mail labeled as junk isn't actually junk, and I have no way of knowing if I have junk mail without opening the folder and refreshing).
- Sort favorites within Collections by Yelp rating.
- Display cities alongside locations in search results when adding favorites.
- Rearrange Collections.
- "Clear all" button for recently viewed locations.
- Collection collaboration.
- Toggle speed limits on/off when not on a route.
- Toggle traffic layer on/off when not on a route.
- Search while in an active route.
- Add stops/multiple destinations when in an active route.
- Download map areas for offline viewing.
- Music playback controls.
- Mute tapback notifications.
- Scheduled texts.
- Prioritize phone numbers over email addresses when composing new texts, or hide email addresses.
- Save Memoji stickers.
- Deliver silent messages (recipient's device does not disturb them if they don't have Do Not Disturb enabled).
- Group iMessage thread read receipts.
- Group iMessage thread typing indicators.
- Smaller Memoji in Messages that display inline with text.
- Name groups containing SMS recipients.
- Retire Digital Touch.
- Allow Apple News widget to display user curated content when “Restrict Stories in Today“ is enabled in News settings. With this setting enabled, widget is unusable.
- Reading List integration.
- Delete music from library without affecting playlists.
- Remove Apple Music set up steps “Choose Artists for You”, “Tell us what you’re into”, and "Choose your favorites". Curate recommendations based on listening habits alone.
- Album release date in Currently Playing.
- Option to make playlists private by default.
- Smart playlists.
- Hearts next to songs I’ve "loved".
- Delete playlist cover art (revert to default).
- Sort and save music in libraries and playlists by release date.
- Option to add new music to the top of playlists instead of bottom.
- Access to Apple curated "New Music Mix" playlist history From previous weeks.
- Restrict kid genre music from affecting “For You” and Apple “Replay” playlists.
- Yearly billing for family plans with discount. Apple currently offers a discounted annual plan for single subscriptions.
- Block/unblock friends (followed or unfollowed) with private accounts from their profile's 3-dot menu. Can tap and hold avatars to do this, but it's not apparent.
- Update Music profile when photo is updated in Messages settings.
- Display track and album titles in lock screen with track and album information (i.e., release date) below playback controls. Do away with the scrolling marquee text.
- Dedicated unified feed of all followed channels, with articles and posts in chronological order.
- Push notifications for all channels.
- Support for RSS feeds.
- Support for YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram feeds.
- Chronological list view for individual channels topics on iPad.
- Automatically sort "Channels & Topics" alphabetically in "Following" section.
- Collaborate on locked notes and folders containing locked notes.
- Add a horizontal divider line.
- Swipe down to search within individual notes.
- Condensed notes that display title only in list view.
- Export backup functionality (PDF format, export all).
- Specify note for lock screen widget.
- Specify note for Control Center shortcut.
- Display top of note as opposed to bottom when opening from Control Center shortcut.
- Open locked notes with FaceID without having to tap "View Note".
- Settings > Notes > Access Notes from Lock Screen: "Access Notes from Control Center" should appear here.
- "On this Day" notifications.
- "On this Day" notifications in "Good Morning" lock screen.
- Smart albums.
- Automatic lens corrections during image processing.
- Shared photo libraries (Family Sharing).
- Shared album folders.
- Search by typing address.
- Batch revert edited photos.
- Collapsed groups by default.
- Button or gesture to expand or collapse all lists or groups.
- Push notifications for completed items or edits in shared folders.
- Parent group names visible when moving reminders.
- Option to remind me on the first and last days of the month. Yes, I can manually select the day, but if I select the last day of the month in a month with 31 days, the month with 30 days won't include the reminder. Likewise, if I select the last day of the month in a month with 30 days, months with 31 days won't remind me on the last day of the month.
- Proximity alerts for lists, not just reminders.
- Proximity alerts on specified days.
- Better accuracy rearranging.
- RSS reader.
- Shared/collaborative bookmarks, bookmark folders (Family Sharing).
- Separate bookmarks and history sections in URL search suggestions.
- Searching in bookmarks includes all folders and sub-folders.
- Typed Siri commands.
- Group “Recently Watched" below "Up Next".
- Omit viewing history from "Up Next".
- Display family member libraries inline with active account.
- Play family member purchased content directly in search.
- Animated Doppler weather radar.
iCloud.com Feature Requests
- Pinned notes.
- Display text settings such as line spacing and bulleted list options when selecting text within a table cell.
I will continue to edit this post to include additional bugs and feature requests.