My sad little story.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aimee25, Jul 14, 2010.

1. aimee25 macrumors member

Like all of you out there I was so excited to get my ipad. Well I was 2 weeks ago, now not so much :(

I had been saving up for my ipad 3G 64 for 6 weeks and when I finally had the money I had to travel an hour away to a bigger town to find a store that stocked the ipad. Enter MAC1, an australian chain specializing in mac products. They did not have my ipad in stock but promised to order it for me. This took place on July 1st.

One week later and I had not heard anything from them, I rang the Bendigo store to see what was going on with my order. The lovely lady on the phone politely informed me that she was not able to find my order and that she would call me back. Half an hour later I received a call to tell me that they where terribly sorry but my order had not been picked up by the system and my product had not been ordered at all. At this point I said that if the could not deliver the product within a week don't worry about it I would make a special trip to the melbourne apple store to collect on myself. At this point in time I was told that one of the melbourne stores had one and that the would courier it to the bendigo store tomorrow and I would have my ipad my monday. This took place on July 8th.

Monday morning (12th July) I rang mac1 bendigo again to ask in my ipad had arrived. I was told the courier would be there at lunch and they would call me when it was here. I was spending the week in bendigo house sitting so after not getting a call by 3 in the afternoon I went into the store only to be told - "Oh were sorry your ipad didn't come in today. The courier didn't pick it up friday but it will defiantly be here tomorrow" - Gee thanks so much for calling to let me know.

Tuesday comes still no call by lunch. I am bored as all hell at my grandparents without the internet. The exact reason I wanted my ipad before I had to house sit. So once more I go back in to Mac1 Bendigo and counter girl produces a box that look suspiciously like an ipad and proceeds to get it ready when I read in the invoice that not only is that not my name it is a 16G wifi. I point this out to her to which she replies - "Oh sorry, hang on a sec." and she calls one of the guys from the back that confirms that my ipad did not come today either. At this point I am so angry! I had already paid for it. The lady behind the counter promises to chase it up for me and drop it round after work and for a little while I am pacified but by 5pm there has been no news. So I ring the store again!!! Where I am now told - "Oh sorry, the courier company has lost your ipad, you will not be getting for ipad till the next order comes from apple - could be thursday or friday." Seriously?

Well Thursday is here in OZ (2 weeks from when I ordered it) and I am not holding my breath. In this whole process I have not got one single call from Mac1, I have had to chase them up for everything! Tomorrow I go back home and I will not be surprised if it is without my ipad. I am so sick of having to use Macca's wifi just to check my email. The only funny thing about the whole thing is Mac1's site that says "We're open 5 days a week and ready to help you experience Apple like never before."- Well thats for dam sure, worst customer service I have ever had. When I finally get it will be more relief than excitement :(

Boo Mac1!

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Cancel and get your money back. That store doesn't deserve your business. I know it is out of the way, and you might have to wait until you can make the trip... but that Apple store in Melbourne is looking better and better.

3. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Damn dude that really sucks:eek:
    I got my at a 3rd party apple store too, but I didn't have any problems like your talking about.
    Just keep reminding them that you have already paid! You're in charge in this situation. Ask for a manager next time.
    And maybe next time, you should just order online.
    Good luck. :)

4. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

Oh, this is terrible, and sad. I hope you get your iPad soon. I am pretty sure you will still be excited to have it once it does get to you. What an awful experience you've had.:(

5. aimee25 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, I was beginning to think I was just being to sensitive about the whole thing. I will ring them in 20 mins to see what they say and if it's not there today I think I might take my business else where.

6. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

Terrible, terrible customer service right there. Too bad you didn't pay for it by credit card, as you could have just put a dispute in with your CC company and they could have reversed the charges easily.

Good luck getting your Pad! :apple:

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

8. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

+1

And do take a lesson from this. Never pay upfront.

9. rangtang macrumors member

Just stay positive and know that everything comes to pass :) It would be a good idea, like others have said, to look for a different place to purchase the iPad from. Personally, I'm waiting for another gen of the iPad since I am fine with my iPhone and Macbook, and by the time that store handles your sale properly, you may as well wait for it too ;)

10. TomDelucavic macrumors newbie

I have been to that MacOne shop quite a few times and have had no issues, quite the contrary.

Yeah it sucks that you havn't gotten your iPad yet but it sounds like its the Couriers fault, not the actual store.... Since they first didnt pick it up when they were supposed to and then lost it? It seems like youre just angry that you havnt got your iPad yet, which is understandable, but you must realise most people still dont have their iPads all over the world because of high demand, so consider yourself lucky...

Good luck with the rest of it!

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Stay away from third-parties when it comes to Apple products.

12. funkyc macrumors regular

funkyc

no ur not being over sensitive abt it at all

this store is repeatedly making promises and breaking them over and over again. i would def take my money elsewhere.

even if it's out of the way, melbourne is not that far from bendigo. anyway u could have ordered one on the internet and it would have been delivered to ur door by now....

good luck getting one afterall