My sad story

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tanim18, Jun 7, 2011.

1. tanim18 macrumors newbie

Ok so after a lot of waiting i finally got a macbook pro, but little did i know that the new one came out right after a week. But bought it from the states, and since I live abroad I couldn't exchange it! moreover it has a squeaky space bar from the.moment I bought it. but I'm going to the states this august/september and I still have my receipt, do you think Apple would let me exchange my MACbook pro for the new 2011 macbook pro?

2. boneh macrumors newbie

The refresh happened more than three months ago, so... no. They should fix your space bar, though.

3. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

What macbook pro do you have now? A 2010?

The 2011's came out months ago. I doubt they'll let you exchange it.

4. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

I dont think you can return it at this point but the spacebar should be serviceable.

5. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

6. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

I honestly doubt it. That would be, what, over 6 months since purchase? It is a bummer, but think about it; did you get the laptop to constantly be sad when newer versions come out or did you get the laptop to use it and enjoy it.

My advice, enjoy your laptop and don't fall over newer "better" versions. When the time comes, hopefully in a few years, you'll replace it with a new one.

I still remember my Toshiba laptop from a few years back, that has served me for a full 5 years before replacement. Loved it! :cool:

7. tanim18 thread starter macrumors newbie

*sigh*
    thanks guys, I guess the old ones aren't too bad, the lion osx should help. Yea i'll get it fixed when I get back...

8. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I got a bad MacBook when I was in Iraq, because I was a service member, and possibly because I told the girl at the service counter that it was worth coming home on leave to see girls like her, she went ahead and gave me a new MacBook even though the other one only had a bad HDD. Doesn't hurt to ask.

9. tanim18 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea to be honest I still love my mac and it helps me a ton, but you still can't help feeling that if you waited a week you could've got the faster one for your price. thanks for the advice bro! :)

10. tanim18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, I guess she was charmed my the patriot. Yea I guess I'll try out my luck :)

11. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Good luck :)