my samsung hdtv isn't responding with my mac pro!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by alam, Nov 27, 2008.

1. alam macrumors regular

alam

hello everyone
    when i pluged in my HDTV, it was ok but the resolution was 1024x768 but when i presed the detect display button it dissapears.
    right now i'm working with my windows, because my macintoach is not appearing, when the mac starts, the apple icon is appearing, once it log in it disapears then nothing shows, i turned off the mac pro and turn it on again but with my windows, my screen samsung is the sereis 6 samsung 32 inch hdtv full hd.
    what should i do right now!
    tnx

2. McShizzel macrumors regular

I have a Samsung LCD TV (LNT3253HX) to, mine does the same thing with my mac it will show the gray screen then stop working. Turns out Samsung LCD TVs don't support Mac OS (that may have changed but I doubt it) but you can get around it by using a DVI-HDMI cable that way it will work.

That's what I did.

As for the resolution, don't expect any miracles I can get decent resolution put pumping up the resolution really messes up the the way it displays (at least on my TV). If you rather have a higher resolution hook it up to a proper monitor (just my opinion).

3. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

so what does the DVI-HDMI cable look like, and where i can find it?

4. SCSnare macrumors member

5. McShizzel macrumors regular

You can pretty much find it at any electronics/computer store, I bought mine at one of the Apple Stores.

6. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

ok so if i bought this cable it will give me the full hd resolution (1920x1080)? :D

7. McShizzel macrumors regular

I doubt you will be able to get the resolution that high because usually when a computer is hooked up to a LCD TV the resolution available is a bit lower than what you use to watch TV although I may be wrong, but check your user's manual that came with your TV you may find the answers there.

8. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

it worked perfect with the hdmi cable and thanks to all of u guys :D
    this is how my room looks right now, enjoy your day

Attached Files: