my school network causing my laptop to hit 84oc!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hishat, Jan 22, 2008.

1. hishat macrumors regular

hishat

i am currently connected to my school network through the ethernet port...and once i plug it in...the fans rev up to 6200...and i am at 82oc...i only have 10% of idle cpu...and the macbook now sounds like a car.

true say i have the best looking laptop in my class...but doesnt sound too good when the macbook sounds louder than the desktop besides me!!!

why does it do this???

any patches i need to install...is it my macbook...or the network demanding too much??

thank you in advance guys

Attached Files:

2. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Are running an application that requires an internet connection?? For example any app that sends/receives data constantly from the internet. Safari would be an exception unless you visit flash-heavy sites (youtube, video ads in the web pages). Those are my only guesses. Hope this helped.

-Victor

3. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

i was jus browsing through wikipedia!!!

any other explanation??

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

the radiator in your room is too hot?

5. Golcondio macrumors member

Syslogd is a system logger: it logs down system activity.

Syslogd is only going to take up CPU if some other process is generating lot and lots (I and I mean lots) of messages. There are a few logs listed in Console. It could be any one of them. If you use the Terminal, you can go to "cd /var/logs" and type "ls -al". The largest file will be the one with those error messages. Chances are, it will be significantly larger than all the other files there. I don't know if you can navigate to that folder in the Finder. It might be "/private/var/logs" in the Finder (in the finder, choose "go", then type "/private/var/logs" without hyphens).

Try and post the results, ok?