My screen goes black and imac is unresponsive

Discussion in 'iMac' started by shujin, Mar 31, 2010.

1. shujin macrumors member

Hello

I have been experiencing some unusual problems with my imac. While on the internet today my computer crashed on me twice, the first time the screen just showed a bunch of vertical lines, the second it flashed some random colors then went black. After the screen change the computer was unresponsive. I have a bad feeling, is it due to overheating, a bad logic board or something else. This is the first time I have ever experienced this on a mac. Has anyone had any simiar issues? Or am I up **** creek? I can't really afford a new computer seeing that I just bought an iPad (it comes Saturday). I am not sure if my computer is still under apple care and even if it was I won't get it back by the time I have to go back to college. I attached a screen shot of my computer temps.

Attached Files:

2. shujin thread starter macrumors member

It happened to me again. This time I snagged a picture of it. Hopefully some one has an answer.

Attached Files:

3. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

Have you had any luck finding out what was wrong or how to replicate this problem? I've been having the same thing happen lately on my 24" 2008 iMac.

4. Dwhite78 macrumors regular

Bad video card and or logic board. Happened to my wifes 2008 imac 3 times. Had to replace hardware all three times.