My screen has a yellow tint...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SnowLeopard2008, Jul 18, 2010.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I just got my iPhone today and immediately I noticed a difference in the screen compared to my Dad's iPhone 4. There's a very noticeable yellow tint on the entire screen, not just a blotch or a spot. Will this yellow tint go away after a few days of use? I heard that the bonding agent wasn't given enough time to dry. I don't want to bother my Dad with another trip to the Apple Store. What do you think?

2. Starrbuck macrumors regular

Mine had yellow bottom corners, but they went away after a week or so.

3. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

This was an issue some reported after the initial days of the release.

Apple claims that the yellow tint is adhesive that hasn't completely dried from the factory. Some people have had it go away after several days, others have not. If it doesn't go away after a few days, take it into an Apple Store.

4. SmackP macrumors member

I don't think these people know what they are talking about.

the yellow tint was there for some 3GS and 3G too.

Apparently a firmware update was able to fix it:

http://www.sizzledcore.com/2008/07/14/how-to-update-iphone-3g-firmware-54347-remove-yellow-tinge/

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/12/iphone-3g-screens-made-warmer/4#comments

But the question is: if it is a firmware then why aren't all iPhone 4's the same?

5. droeun macrumors member

If it's the whole screen I doubt it's any sort of adhesive. Return the phone & bring your dad's phone to compare. I did this once & they exchanged it for me (didn't even have Genius appt - just speak to any employee).

6. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I don't want to bother my Dad because he's got work and I got class. I'll wait about a week or until my Dad's other priority listed iPhone 4 that's for my Mom is available for pickup. Whichever comes first.