My screen is blue.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kerube, Apr 13, 2015.

1. kerube macrumors newbie

Hello! I hope I'm in the right place. I am not to familiar with "Mac" products but I own a MacBook Pro 10.6 .. etc that I opened this morning and it did not respond after I put my password, the screen became blue and it never worked anymore, What is the problem? Is it something that can be corrected easy? or Do I need professional help? Thanks.

2. corvustheraven macrumors newbie

corvustheraven

I don't know if you're still having this problem, but:

Have you tried booting into a recovery partition or disc? The problem could be due to a number of reasons, like the kernel, hard drive not being recognized or RAM malfunctioning. If you can boot into a recovery mode, then you can use disk utilities to check if the hard drive is present and run SMART status check.

3. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

Can you still get back to the login screen if you force your Mac to shutdown?
    If you can, hold shift while logging in, this would prevent login items from launching.
    Safe Boot or Recovery would also be a good option(like the previous poster mentioned), though for 10.6 you will need the OS X Install DVD to get to recovery.