My screen is cracked and questions about Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Amazee Dayzee, May 21, 2014.

1. Amazee Dayzee macrumors newbie

Its just the screen, not the LCD. I still have a warranty on the laptop, and even if I didn't, I have some money I can use to get it repaired. But that isn't actually what I am worried about.

I'm worried about having to leave my laptop with Apple until they get the new screen in which usually takes 7 to 10 business days. I need my laptop from work. I really can't wait 7 to 10 business days. My laptop functions just fine, the only problem is the cosmetic appearance which doesn't really both me all that much.

For anybody who had to get their laptop repaired while it was still functioning and they could still use it, do I have to leave my laptop behind with Apple for the 7 to 10 days it takes to order the part, or can I take the laptop with me back home and then come back in when they have the part ready?

I'm really hoping that if they need to order the part, I can take it back home and then come back when the part is in.

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

I have done that in the past. They simply ordered the parts and then called when they arrived so that I could bring it in for repair. Shouldn't be a problem.

3. Chris7811 macrumors newbie

I fix all of mine that are cracked

I order the parts and fix iPhones all the time its now one of my various tasks that can be simple or really hard if you want to get a walk through reply to this specific post and I will help. (same with macs)