My screen just when BLUE......

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Letsproce, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Letsproce macrumors newbie

this morning i got up and when to use the Macbook and all of the sudden when i click Safari it went BLUE. I tried to shut it off and close up and open it up again, but it still BLUE.

Can anybody out there help me?????

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Your post is a little vague, but I'll try to work through it. Does the second sentence imply that you a) tried shutting off the computer or b) exiting the application? If a), how did you do this, hold down on the power button for 5-10 seconds or just tap it once? If b) were you trying to click the red dot/x in the upper left or Force Quitting :)apple:+option+escape)? To shut off the computer completely you will need to hold down the power button, and to make absolutely certain its off and not just idle/sleeping, its not a bad idea to remove the battery and the power adapter as well. Let the computer sit for a good 5 seconds before putting the battery back in and reconnecting the AC power. Start it up, see if you can login. Try launching Safari, see what happens.

3. Letsproce thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for not writing the correct way. It's my fault, but i did hold the power button down for 5to10 seconds and it still the screen like this. I don't even see the mouse in the screen when i move it. i don't see the dock or anything. It's just a blank screen that's BLUE.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Try the battery trick, then see if the computer starts up normally. You should hear the startup chime (bong) as it starts up.