My screen suddenly started looking blurry in the center area.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by doxavita, Jan 31, 2012.

1. doxavita macrumors 6502a

I have a mid 2011 27" iMac.

Basically I was using my system and suddenly a big spot near the center of the screen started making it hard to see, and now it makes everything within that area, very blurry.

What can I do? Is there a way to fix this? Is it the humidity? I hadn't used this system for about 2 1/2 months. Should I employ my Applecare?

Thanks!

2. mva5580 macrumors newbie

I have to say with all of these screen issues that I've been reading about on this forum, I'm starting to get hesitant about my middle-of-the-year plans of purchasing the iMac refresh. I'm not at all interested in paying $2,000 for a computer that's going to have a messed up screen in a relatively small amount of time considering its cost. Not to mention that I live in Phoenix, which is, to put it nicely, a complete dust magnet of a city. If therer isn't some sort of reassurance that the refresh addresses this, I may just buy a MacBook Pro and hook it up to a nice monitor.

3. srxtr macrumors 6502a

I've been waiting patiently for 2012 iMac refresh as well, while checking this forum on a near daily basis.

At first I thought it was just a small percentage of users, probably smaller than the number of people claiming to have antennagate on their iPhone 4, but I must say I'm becoming more skeptical the more I see threads like this.

4. mva5580 macrumors newbie

I'm right there with you. 100% word for word.

5. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

This doesn't sound the same as the "smudge" issue or the "yellowing" issue.. I'm very curious what it is, but it doesn't look like a pattern (yet).

6. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fixed!!, it was some condensed humidity due to the fact I hadn't used the system for a while. The screen's heat plus a dehumidifier I brought, helped melt it away...

7. BigMac3 macrumors newbie

How would humidity get in?

8. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, it's happening again :( it's been a week since I last used this iMac. It's some condensed humidity, now I just have to wait for it to melt. I really hope this won't happen each time I use my system...